Viber loses connection?

Mohammed Washeem

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
hi please assist i have instaled the viber and used 1st day but now i cant make calls or send messages due to "offline"but my connection is shown as connected status i could use other internet connections so wat to do please advice freinds....
shoul i log onto same time my phone and pc?

fifoo90

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
hello,
I am living in malaysia and I have been using Viber for long time.
the only problem is, Viber is block withing the university boundary. outside of the university Viber working well both on phone and PC.
Since I need to use viber within the university boundary, can you please guide me to solve this problem?
Actually I am using Lan Internet on my laptop and using Connectify to get connection on my phone too.
thanks

mpanchal

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have Nokia Lumia 520 and have the latest viber version with a live tile. However, if I am not logged in the viber and if the viber screen is not open, I get a delayed notification of the calls post 4-5 calls on the live tile. The incoming call screen doesn't pop up on its own how it should if my viber is on. Due to this, I can not answer in the first call itself and have to compulsorily keep viber screen open. I have wi-fi with a good connection speed. Please help.

Kamal Latif

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know how to enable specific ports for Viber on Forefront TMG. I have tried above ports (TCP: 5242 + 4244 and UDP: 5243 + 9785) but no benefit. Also thing this doesn't mention about the direction of these ports such as Outbound or Inbound for TCP, Send or Receive for UDP, etc.).

Raluca Rosca

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I have a problem with Nokia Lumia 520, i can't receive calls on standby or if viber isn't open. I receive the notifications only after i open the viber applications. I find out if someone called me only after i open the application. I can't receive calls this way. In viber settings everything is activated, even push notification, but i still can't receive calls.

valeriem

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
hi, I live in the UAE and for the past 2 days my viber hasn't been working at ALL!!!! I use it a lot so it'll be a painful loss if I can never connect to it again.

Please give me any advice on that

Angelyne Romeo

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I already access my viber application, and the connection in my HTC phone is good. But i've waited for an hour but still it not working, it's still connecting in service and sometimes disconnected :( Please help

mauliksdoshi

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I am from India and i am using Lumia 720. I am facing a unique problem since downloading viber. When some one calls me i can pick for could not hear each other's voice and when i call someone they could not come to know that i have called them what they can see is i have called them.

Please help me.

Viber

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
@valeriem
-

The issue you have raised is a known issue. you can solve it by downloading a new version from the following link:
http://bit.ly/getviber

We would love to hear feedback from you if this has been able to solve your issue.

@
Angelyne Romeo
-

It could be that the network you are connected to is blocking Viber's traffic.

1. First, please try uninstalling and reinstalling Viber when connecting to a few different WiFi networks (in order to pinpoint the source of the problem). What are the results?
2. Also, please make sure the following ports are enabled ("forwarded") on your routers or firewalls:
TCP: 5242 + 4244
UDP: 5243 + 9785

(if you are not sure how to enable ports, you may contact your router manufacturer or your Internet Service Provider)

* If it still fails, please specify what country you're located in, and which cellular network you're subscribed to.

@
mauliksdoshi -

Are you running Windows Phone 7.x or WP8 ?

RightFootShort

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I can't send messages to friend in Kanada,but with friends at home it works perfectly.I live in Croatia,my phone provider is T-mobile.If someone from Viber could help me that would be great.

Sai Sharan

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I use viber on my iphone 4. When I connect my phone with wifi over my laptop using a hotspot software it does not work whereas it works perfectly over 3G.

I've even downloaded viber for PC and it never gets connected. It always shows the status as connecting !!! :angry:

Viber

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

1. First, please try uninstalling and reinstalling Viber when connecting to a few different WiFi networks (in order to pinpoint the source of the problem). What are the results?
2. Also, please make sure the following ports are enabled ("forwarded") on your routers or firewalls:

(if you are not sure how to enable ports, you may contact your router manufacturer or your Internet Service Provider)

* If it still fails, please specify what country you're located in, and which cellular network you're subscribed to.

jas091281

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Can you also guide me on why am I not able to get call notifications for Viber on my Nokia Lumia 620? I too face similar problems with internet connection.

Sai Sharan

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I have already done that but of no use. I have added the specified ports also but it still doesn't work. I'm located in India and my cellular network is Tata Docomo
Hi,

Viber

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
@jas091281 -

Please see this page for possible solutions: Messages/calls notification issue

@Sai Sharan -

Thanks for the details.

we would appreciate if you could take a minute and report the details to our support team using this direct link: Your ticket details

When you submit the ticket, in the line called: "Through which channel did you submit your initial inquiry", please make sure to choose "Technical Forum".

Thanks in advance!

alhaitham

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi there

Thanks for the help , I read your reply to some one , I am living in UAE I tryied many times to conect viber but failed , do you have any VPn for nokia lumia 720

Viber

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
@Nik Neiman -

Unfortunately there is no big update planned for Windows Phone 7.8 at the moment :(
If we have news, we'll let you know.

@alhaitham -

The authorities in the UAE decided to block VoIP (and Viber), and so there is unfortunately not much we can do to help :(
You might want to contact the authorities for more answers or help.

a26794

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I am using ios 7 and my connection keeps on going offline quite often. The internet connection is fine and does not interrupt other applications

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077