Massive battery drain from indigo or effectual

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Recently installed both these apps and have them on double wide tile on my screen and am enjoying using them.

However last night I went to bed with 90% battery and will normally wake up with 65% left. This morning after my alarms going off (which are now indigo powered) and a task becoming urgent in effectual my battery critical warning went off.

Neither of the apps are in the background task list so im figuring it must be a bug in one of the apps that's causing it to drain the battery.

Has anyone else noticed this or had the same issue?

ktl88

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Same here. After the 1308 update, I felt that the battery was a little better than before the update, but now, after installing Indigo and Effectual, my phone's having bad battery drains. Not happy with this. Will uninstall and see if it helps.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Glad its not just me - have uninstalled them myself to see if battery life returns to normal going to go all Sherlock and re-install one then the other to find the culprit.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
I use both of these apps, though only Effectual is a live tile, Indigo I have as a small tile. I notice no battery drain issues. Maybe a reinstall (of said apps) then restart the phone to see if it clears up?

acoutosilva

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I have Effectual, and yesterday my phone suddenly started becoming very hot and the battery drained. I shutted it down, and when I turned it on, it was OK. However today, Effectual doesn't start. It crashes...

effectualTasks

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I'm from the Effectual dev team!

With regards to draining the battery - Effectual does not run in the background. If you cannot see the app it is not running code, so I can't imagine how Effectual could cause that type of an issue.

acoutosilva, we would love to help you figure out what is causing the app to crash for you. If you are still interested please send us an email - info@effectual.ws.

thanks!

acoutosilva

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi, thank you for your contact!

I don't know what caused that, maybe it just was a coincidence, or some WebService crashing. I don't know. Recently I had to reset my phone, and Effectual started working fine again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss