Transfer text messages from my old phone to Lumia 920

Sandeep Challa

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
I was using Sony Ericsson k530i before. Now i switched to lumia 920. I have been able to transfer pictures and contacts with ease using the app "Transfer My Data". But the problem comes when i am trying to transfer text messages. Can anyone help me...?

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I was using Sony Ericsson k530i before. Now i switched to lumia 920. I have been able to transfer pictures and contacts with ease using the app "Transfer My Data". But the problem comes when i am trying to transfer text messages. Can anyone help me...?

I don't believe this is possible when you switch from one OS to another.

Lizette Kraft

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: transfer text messages from nokia lumia 620 to my Nokia Lumia 920

I used the "Transfer my Data" App in my lumia 920 to transfer my contacts, text messages and photos. It only gave me the contacts to transfer but did not give the option to transfer/copy my text messages and photos.

How can I transfer my messages and photos??? Please show me simply how to do this. It should be possible as both phones are the same OS of windows 8. So why doesn't it give the options to copy/transfer???

Please let me know urgently. Thank you.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If they both have Windows Phone 8, just sign into the new one with the same MS account and it should sync text messages. (At least I think it should, check out the messaging settings.)

Also, I'd just plug in both phones into the same computer and copy over all the media directly, or plug just the new one in and copy what you want from OneDrive's camera roll (if you left the auto-upload enabled)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos