good podcast app that can save to SD card

McVitas

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Hello, that may sound like a silly question, but I downloaded first podcast app I found and unfortunatelly this Podcast Bandit seems to have no settings like where to store the podcasts. Of course it puts it into internal memory which is soon really low on any WP8 device IMHO.
And no I am not in US and not using US account so there is no built-in podcast thing in the Market hub. Please suggest some podcast app which have a good listing (ability to see longer titles whole and uncut) and can save podcasts to SD card. Thank you

McVitas

May 5, 2013
Visit site
This must be a bad joke! Is Microsoft deliberately preventing ap developers from using the SD card or what?? I just tried feed reader and it looks great. Of course it cannot use by huge SD card either! I don't feel like living in a 21st century anymore :(

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
NO, devs have access to SD card, but here is the f**ed up thing, third party apps are only allowed to read from SD card.

basically SD card is read only for third party apps , can't do anything about this :(

McVitas

May 5, 2013
Visit site
It seems that Nokia was able to overcome this somehow
Lumia Storage Check | Nokia Beta Labs
This app finally does what was totally normal in Windows Mobile 6.5 - shows which app takes how much space and also can move the nokia maps to SD card! Not sure if it can move anything else there though. I guess they did not use standard Microsoft SDK to develop this. Unfortunately it cannot be installed onto Huawei

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes