Turbo Racing League

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Just noticed Turbo Racing League on the store.

Turbo Racing League | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

I just gave it a spin. It features a freemium model so you can't really go wrong with that. Look's good, but the framerate leaves a bit to be desired. It gets close, but never really achieves 30fps. It's entertaining, but from what I've played so far it's on the easy side. Easy, bordering on tedious.

I had it lock up once at the initial logo screen but otherwise has been stable. Except for one fairly significant glitch; when I had earned 30 stars and unlocked stage 2 races the game suddenly told me it recognized a save file and started loading. When it was done I found myself back at 24 stars, with any progress made over the last 10+ minutes gone. Restarting the game put me 1 race back with 27 stars so who knows what's going on? But I can see it being a problem if you start spending real money on this game.

Anyway, I thought I'd bring it up as games discussions have been dead here over the past month or two. Not like there's been much to talk about given the continued trickle of games. I'm started to suspect Microsoft is intentionally holding back game releases to coincide with new phone launches.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786