Calendar+Live - New Alternative Calendar App.

Tomqt

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I'm the author of Calendar+Live.

I created the app to mainly help myself create, edit and look at my work schedule easier on the Windows Phone.
The current version (2.2.3.2) is pretty stable and contains all current features. It is constantly being updated.
I plan to add Google calendar support in the future, but I would like to make the current version as stable as it can be first.

Check it out at the windows phone store. http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/calendar-live/895f2b69-3c35-4fbc-a4fe-5bcc1a6f2ed1

It is a simple yet powerful calendar replacement, with live-tile support. Quickly edit, create, and view you calendar entries. You can reuse your entries using the pre-define tool. You don't even need to be connected to use the calendar. It will retain your last connected entries when you go offline. A fully functional trial.

***Key feature of this App***
-Month view of all your events
-Week view and day view through Month view interface.
-Live-tile on events you want to view
-Lock screen notification of next events
-Create, edit, and delete calendar events
-Create multiple events with a few clicks
-Delete multiple events base on search criteria
-Create pre-defined events so you can reuse them later
-Get reminder notification on your phone.
-Color changer.
-Retain last connected entries when going offline.
-Offline mode and transfer.

Please give some feedbacks in how I can improve the app, and I'll try to get that done.
Please help out by submitting your ratings and comments. I try to update my apps asap, especially when bugs are found.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Tomqt

May 24, 2013
Visit site
New version in windows phone market place.
version: 2.2.3.2

It should fix all known crashes and sync issues.
Please try it out.

Tomqt

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Reedited my post to include more details.
Please provide any feedbacks. I can only make the app better when I know what people want.

Aurdi

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi Tomqt,
Your app looks nice but needs a few finishing touches.
1. I didn`t like "Loading.." screen when started create new task.
2. When create new date in task option there is no "Create task for this day every year".
3. There should be different type of tasks: personal and business, which sholud be on another color or other calendar.
4. Some type of entries should have predefined type of task: birthday, anniversary, todo etc.
5. Pre-defined colors should be first, than mix of colors

That`s all from me for now.

Tomqt

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for the feedback.
1. The "loading.." prevents user from accidently try to press a button too early. I know it isn't too user appealing, but it was a better alternative to show just a black screen trying to load up data.
I'll try to figure a better solution to that.
2. you can create a task for the current day for every year by using the task "Create each year for 10 years". It starts base on the date you selected on start to end date, and then it create multiple events base on the task. There is no true recurring events creation right now, so this is my work around.
3. I'm not exactly sure what you mean here. I'll try to implement in a future release creating new calendars for the internal calendar, but currently to create new calendars you'll have to create it by going to your Microsoft account, and resync it to the app.
4. The pre-defines are your creation. You create an event, then save those events as pre-define. Then use them later to make an event quickly.
5. I'll consider changing that order, thank you.

I appreciate your suggestions and will consider making some of these modifications.

Tomqt

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Just submitted a new version to windows phone store for approval, with the modification for color order and "loading..." message when opening create and other pages.
You should see a Ver 2.3 in the marketplace soon.

Aurdi

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Still for me looks bad. I`ve got black backgroudn, green tiles with withe text and if I set in your app Phone Color I`ve got green background and black text. Green in app isn`t the same green which is on tiles.

Tomqt

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Im sorry to hear the app coloring isn't working for you. The app should be using the accent color of your phone when choosing 'phone color'. In addition to that it produce lighter and darker shades to distinguish various elements in the app. You should be able to adjust the shade by moving the pointer in the color box. I can't produce the same issue you're having right now. What is your 'display+touch' settings for the phone settings?

Tomqt

May 24, 2013
Visit site
In the app setting page, there is an emerald color for color picker. It is a nicer shade of green for the app in my opinion.

RoccoH

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Why do I need to login on outlook, because this will only give me my outlook calendar?
I've got multiple calendars I use on my phone (Outlook, family room, Exchange server) so I'd rather see the app using the calendar entries of the phone's calendar instead of only outlook calendar (which I hardly use).

Tomqt

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately the windows phone API that access your phone calendar is read only, or create. It doesn't allow editing, so the only way currently is to log into your Microsoft account through live connect API to edit. Microsoft made it difficult to make a perfect integration to the phone calendar for other calendar apps.
My app, if used separately, allows access to you Microsoft account by login, or use a private internal calendar for editing, creating and deleting. It will also allow you to resync the private internal calendar back into your Microsoft account, after login.
I would love to implement it the way you want it, but Microsoft haven't release a way to edit, delete, and create with the current phone calendar.

Tomqt

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Outlook calendar can also share other calendars you may have. Then you will have most of your calendars when logging into your Microsoft account through the app.

Jercy

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Do you think you could make it so that one could create complex reoccurring events and appointments in your calendar on the phone. I am having an impossible time trying to find a calendar on this phone that can do that with a live tile as well, and I don't understand why most calendars don't come standard with this feature. For an example of the type of complex events I would like to be able to create please check out the dejaoffice app and see the type of complex events you can create. The app is completely free and I would love to be able to create complex events like you can in that app, and I'm sure that a lot of other people would love to be able to do this as well. If you were able to add this to your app I think it would put you far above your competitors. I would use the dejaoffice app, but the problem is that it doesn't sync with the main phone calendar and has no live tile as well. Please add the ability to create complex events to your calendar, my appreciation would be indefinable.

Nakazul

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I really like the design and default look of the app. But the app looks...in the loss for better words, like low rezulution/blury and not sharp. There is very few customization to the live. For me customization to the tile is super important. Info and looks.
More language support would be great.
I like your look, think your on to something, but a bit more polishing is needed to perfection. Currently not enough staying power, your up against though competition. Hope you don't give up just because of the questions that arise, and things we ask to add. Great job, keep it up.
/Lumia 920

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes