Third Party Wifi App - Advice & Recommendation

Rickosw

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi Friends,

Need your advice & recommendation on third party Windows Phone Wifi app.

On a recent trip overseas, I brought along both my Nokia L920 (unlock) & Samsung Tab 2 (WiFi) tablet. I am able to use the Free Wifi at the hotel, caf?, restaurants, etc., but at a particular caf? @ the airport, I'm unable to locate / login onto the airport caf? Wifi system.

I have checked all my Wifi / Phone settings, and have rebooted & restart both my cellphone & tablet a few times, have walked around the caf?, inside & out ...trying to locate the Wifi Signal/ login in...but it is not working / showing up in BOTH my devices...

This is really unusual and strange, as my GF is able to locate & login with her call phone Samsung Note 2 (unlock) almost immediately. I know this situation maybe a "one off" / freak accident, but just wondering if anyone else has encountered this similar problem before...

and also if there is" any third party Windows Phone Wifi Finder / Locator app" that actually work that you will recommend?

Cheers!

Last edited:

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Not sure about the samsung, but soft reset (not reboot) your 920 before you enter that cafe. I feel that should help.
If that cafe network is saved in your phone's remembered list, erase it and try again.
Have you tried using a laptop there?

here is an app that could help for wp - Free Wifi Locator | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

I hate android and am not looking for an app for it :D.

On a lighter side - Call the manager and tell him how irritating it is that his wifi does not work on the most amazing phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss