Nokia WH-930 Purity HD Strange Smell??

Lmuggs-

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Ok... so this is going to sound weird but I just received a pair of Nokia WH-930 Purity HD on ear wired headphones by Monster in black from Amazon and when I opened the box I was hit with a strong smell of soil or dirt. I called Nokia care asking if this was some sort of "known issue" and maybe it was something used in the manufacturing process that would dissipate. They said that they haven't heard of this issue before and that it could be where it was stored in the warehouse. That doesn't really sound feasible to me. I did a search online and can find two posts, one on Amazon and another from a blog site where the reviewer mentions this smell. If you have a pair of these headphones, did you notice this strange smell and if so did it go away over time? Right now I'm thinking of returning them. Thanks!

Lmuggs-

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Couldn't stand it any longer and I sent them back. Stopped off at the closest AT&T store to see if they had a pair for comparison but they were out of stock. Ah well....

fatpigeon

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Is it like a slightly... er... 'crappy' smell? That can come from the cardboard packaging and it's not unique to Nokia.

Lmuggs-

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
It was directly from Amazon. It seemed like it was mainly coming from the leather on the ear cushions or possible the black monster box they were stored in and not the cardboard box.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes