Facebook live tile

tomdedecker23

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I just have a brand new Lumia 820 and I'm already very disappointed unfortunately.
I installed facebook app from microsoft, configured the notifications (tile & toast) but nothing happens. Checked if battery saving was on, wasn't the case.
Facebook is also configured as app that is allowed to run in the background. Uninstalled and installed again. Nothing seems to works...

Anyone suggestions how to make this bloody thing work...
Or is there another app that does the same and actually works?
Or is iOS and Andriod just really better and I did a mis purchase?

WP8Expert

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Do you have many background tasks running in the background? Because if you have too many some apps won't be able to run in the background and won't run. Go to settings and swipe to the left and tap background tasks. If you see Facebook running, try tapping it and tapping "turn off" and restart the app. You can also use the Facebook integration by tapping "email + accounts" and tap "add" and tap "Facebook"

Windows Phone has the most modern UI in the market! Android will lag or force close after you install alot of apps. Windows Phone doesn't. iOS is too locked up and needs to jailbreak to do stuff already available on Windows Phone (e.g Bluetooth File Transfer with other devices)

Hope this helps!

Tomanband

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
I just have a brand new Lumia 820 and I'm already very disappointed unfortunately.
I installed facebook app from microsoft, configured the notifications (tile & toast) but nothing happens. Checked if battery saving was on, wasn't the case.
Facebook is also configured as app that is allowed to run in the background. Uninstalled and installed again. Nothing seems to works...

Anyone suggestions how to make this bloody thing work...
Or is there another app that does the same and actually works?
Or is iOS and Andriod just really better and I did a mis purchase?

Please check whether FB is not blocked in the background (you find this in the system settings, not FB settings) once this is done you should get notifications for everything except messages.

For message notifications, go to the settings in the messaging app, enable facebook chat and set your status to online.

If everything above fails, try this Facebook app instead, this should work 100%: JDB for Facebook | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

tomdedecker23

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Tried everything what is described but it still doesn't work. Also the JDB facebook app didn't work. I think the live tile thing sucks big time and can not be compared with iOS as far as I can see for now.

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Tried everything what is described but it still doesn't work. Also the JDB facebook app didn't work. I think the live tile thing sucks big time and can not be compared with iOS as far as I can see for now.

Can't be compared with IOS how? It's static icons that don't tell you anything. Personally, I use the me tile but for everyone in my house (3 WP users) the fb tile works quite nicely.

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Give JDB for Facebook another try, it works well. You won't find another app with reliable notifications anywhere on the store atm, including both Microsoft apps. The ME tile and Facebook apps rarely ever work and neither of them work with Facebook messages.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I see the WP8 cheer squad is out.

Anyway, I did some small bit of research and I'll give it shot. Worst case scenario is resetting your phone. I'm a little warry of suggesting that as my phone bricked when I did that.
First thing to try is Settings -> email + accounts -> Facebook -> press until menu comes up and press sync

If that doesn’t work, try deleting the account completely off your phone. Uninstall Facebook. Reinstall Facebook and set everything up again from scratch.

You can also try this: Facebook Tiles and Toast - Microsoft Community

I would suggest setting up the Me and People as well.

You can also try the new beta app: Facebook Beta | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United Kingdom)

If none of that works you could try resetting your phone, worst case is that it will brick and you can return it or it will work and you’ll be able to move forward.

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Misinformation abound RE: FB background tasks...the FB background task has NOTHING to do with notifications. Period. It is for FB lockscreen image updating ONLY. Period.

mahir taher

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Hey man basically i've got a htc windows phone 8s and when i'm on the JDB for facebook app and go into the settings on it to turn the tiles and notifications and such on, it says my phone doens't have enough memory or something and i don't really have no other apps running and battery saver is off so is it to do with my actual phone specs?

mahir taher

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
When i'm on JDB for facebook i can't get any notifications outside of the app as when i go into its settings and try to put live tiles and all on it says that i have 'low phone memory' or something and i mean i don't even have any other apps running and i'm not in battery saving mode?!??
Any help would be very appreciated i've got a Htc windows phone 8s by the way

allthesequestions

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Does the People tile on a windows phone show your most visited profiles? Or is it just a random selection? Or is it populated some other way? I noticed 6-7 profile pictures in the tile... and was wondering why the app is deciding to pull those pictures?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss