Beautifully Designed Apps

magictriangle

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Hey y'all,

What are some Windows Phone apps that you think are beautifully designed?
Apps that really take some liberties with the Windows Phone UI and go above and beyond the standard design specs.

I, of course, love the WP UI and would love to know of some more apps that take advantage of it.

Sound off if you can think of any :winktongue:

Oakdale Dude

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Well, I'm a newcomer to Windows Phone so I have not had a chance to use boat-loads of apps, but of all of the ones I've used so far, and I mean actually used and not just stored on my device for the sake of being there, a few of them that IMO stand out for being nicely designed in both appearance and functionality are Wikipedia, Insider Pro, The NBC News App, Baseball Pro '13 & SFGate.com

Last edited:

JMBasquiat

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I think USA Today is one of the nicer ones. I also really like Weather Flow. PayPal looks great, as does CNN. LinkedIn is another favorite of mine, together with Flixster.

Jrexxx

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Weave
Spotify (It looks good but doesn't work that well :p)
Baconit
Amazing weather
Harshquad (pretty addictive and good looking game)
Proshot
4th and Mayor

wes566

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
627.AM
Listen
Weather Flow

Agreed, 627.AM and Weather Flow are great. I also like Twitter's design since they did the big update on it.

A tip for app developers, download SyncFusion's MetroStudio, lots of great icons to add polish to your apps. I use a ton of their icons in Simple Calendar.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte