lack of apps

loosec

May 9, 2013
Visit site
can anyone tell me why people are updating and bringing out new apps for ios/android but not windows phone 8.
my wife and sons have iPhone's and apps are always updating.
but I find my nokia 820 so much better that theres,just need same apps as them i.e. online banking. Sky go.
is it to hard to bring out apps for all 3 operating systems or is it a money making thing {back handers}
I think it would sell better if it had the apps that ios/android have, as the phone are fast reliable easy to use,
well glade I got it and not iPhone
GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER SORT THE APPS OUT!!!!
rant over with now

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Erm... Have you maybe contacted the developers responsible for creating whichever applications you have in mind? It's their choice whether they want to invest the time and money in developing for WP 8.

madgibbon

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately it's quite time consuming to write applications for different platforms. Each operating system uses an entirely different development language (iOS=Objective-C, Android=Java and Windows Phone = C#). Each of these languages take time to learn. With Windows Phone gaining only 5% market share, many developers won't invest the time and money as the returns will be much smaller.

We will probably see more developers moving towards web based apps in the future. The combination of HTML 5, Javascript and CSS3 are becoming very powerful, and apps developed this way will run on any modern browser regardless of OS or form factor.

I've developed applications for all three platforms, and its a shame because Windows Phone is much nicer to develop for.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99