Amazing Weather HD stopped updating the Bing daily Lockscreen Picture

dj200

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I use the Amazing Weather background and since the latest update I'm finding that the weather is still updating on the lockscreen but the location no longer is.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue with tiles not updating. I started uninstalling apps one at a time and monitoring the tiles. When I uninstalled amazing weather everything started working again. It is a shame because I love that app. For now though I'm living with the weather channel and my phone works.

YOLOsaurusRex

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm using a Lumia 928 on Verizon (obviously) and I'm having the same problem. Amazing Weather HD isn't updating its live tile or the start screen and I'm no longer receiving WPCentral toasts or live tile updates. I think my battery app is having the same troubles, as the resolution on the battery life graph has gone down quite a bit since I had these problems.

androidtoWM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue with tiles not updating. I started uninstalling apps one at a time and monitoring the tiles. When I uninstalled amazing weather everything started working again. It is a shame because I love that app. For now though I'm living with the weather channel and my phone works.

I use the Amazing Weather background and since the latest update I'm finding that the weather is still updating on the lockscreen but the location no longer is.
it's an MS problem and they've acknowledged it on their forums (answers.microsoft.com). They're looking into the issue.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I just installed the Amazing Weather HD app a few hours ago. The live tile doesn't seem to work at all, whereas it works fine for the Accuweather or Weather Flow apps. Is this because I'm using the trial version and not the purchased version?

Nokia Lumia 928, Verizon

UPDATE: It was because I pinned to the start menu from the app list, rather than from within the app itself (this was very unclear, especially since I wanted GPS location updates on the live tile). This also explains why I was unable to get other Live Tiles from other apps (such as Microsoft's native weather app).

Last edited:

flashmaster591

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
it's an MS problem and they've acknowledged it on their forums (answers.microsoft.com). They're looking into the issue.

Care to point out where they have acknowledged this ? I have lokked on MS answers and cant find it.
I have the issue where the tile & lock screen are updating fine but the location is stuck

androidtoWM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Care to point out where they have acknowledged this ? I have lokked on MS answers and cant find it.
I have the issue where the tile & lock screen are updating fine but the location is stuck
"Hi ron121,
Thanks for the forum entry.
This issue is already in investigation.
I will update you as soon as possible.

Best Regards,
Vasile M."

Live tiles not updating anymore - Microsoft Community

I've seen similar response on some other thread as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo