Halo: Spartan Assault W8/WP8

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
looks like Microsoft is slowly responding to the series of rants...articles about the terrible state of WP gaming by WPCentral just last month.
now time to decide between Halo and Nova. both are so expensive

i'm bummed that it isn't coming to windows 7 though

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Just found a post on neogaf that has left me incredibly worried.

It is a dual stick shooter. The controls work really well - it detects if your thumbs are 'drifting' and keeps the control scheme centered to accomodate drift. Hard to explain, but it just works. You do things like double tap to theow grenades, board vehicles etc. Also supports M/k and yes there will be joypad support shortly after launch.

Also kind of weird that people are surprised we are supporting our own platforms first.

NeoGAF - View Single Post - Halo: Spartan Assault confirmed for Windows Phone 8 - Developed by Vanguard Games

post is by 343's frank o Connor

the bit that concerns me is the last bit where he says about supporting their own platforms FIRST.

hell no, come on Microsoft, never release this on ios or Android, seriously this is getting ridiculous.

I just hope I'm reading into this too much.

Same old anti-MS crap in that thread, I really hope MS isn't stupid enough to release this on non Windows platforms. They are not really going to miss out on some huge revenue stream like some would like us to believe and its much more beneficial to Microsoft's platforms as a whole if this is Windows only.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
This game will be a huge success.

So think about what this does for mobile games in the future. I can see Activision acquiring a new team for mobile and crunching out COD based dual stick shooters year on year multiplatform, EA crunching out Battlefield games. Think of the complete awesomeness of future releases now 343 and MS have shown the way. Even if this does stay on WP and WP8 iOS and android wont get left out as other companies are bound to see the possibilities and extend their franchises.

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Can't see them releasing it's #1 flagship on the competition...this franchise doesn't need the extra exposure and won't generate continual revenue like skype and office.

PUMPED but a halo title should have been released longggg ago with WP7... something like this would pull in a lot of gamers to the OS

I Spiritus I

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
It's appeared in the Windows 8 Store... can't download It though! :(

You need to go to your games hub then click on the Windows Game Store tab.

Untitled2.jpg

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes people can't see the forest for the trees. Looking at the other thread posted here, people keep complaining that MS didn't release a Halo game for Windows 7. Well, hasn't EVERY Halo game been released on Windows 7? Can't you get Halo 4 on Windows 7?

The whole point of Halo: Spartan Assault is that it is a game for platforms not powerful enough to play the full Halo games, i.e., tablets and smartphones. That makes H:AS a perfect vehicle to get people to switch to Windows RT and Windows Phone devices.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes people can't see the forest for the trees. Looking at the other thread posted here, people keep complaining that MS didn't release a Halo game for Windows 7. Well, hasn't EVERY Halo game been released on Windows 7? Can't you get Halo 4 on Windows 7?

Umm...NO?

Only Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2 were available on PC, and both were released before Windows 7. There was not a single PC-compatible Halo installment released between October 2009 and October 2012, the time period during which Windows 7 was the newest installment of the Windows family.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte