Nokia Music issues since last update.

windev

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
First, the app is slower when playing offline mixes. Second, when it finally plays, skip to next song and sometimes it does not update the title for the new song and artist. Skip again and it freezes. Third, the app crashes and quits!

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
First, the app is slower when playing offline mixes. Second, when it finally plays, skip to next song and sometimes it does not update the title for the new song and artist. Skip again and it freezes. Third, the app crashes and quits!

No problem here (Lumia 920), just tested after reading your comment ... have you Lumia 920 or some other model ?

windev

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I have Lumia 920 and I am subscribed to NM+. First time I used the app since the last update and it has issues playing offline mixes (hq). It opens slowly... loads for a while, sometimes it doesn't even play at all and I have to close the app. When it finally plays, I skip songs and the interface does not update the new song being played - title and artist. When you skip again, it doesn't work anymore. The app freezes, continues playing current song (won't skip) then finally crashes and quits.

Tomanband

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
People on reddit reported that uninstalling the app and reinstalling it solves the problem. It only happens to some people strangely. For me everything still works fine.

deano_42

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi

Its Dean from Nokia Music. Yep we have seen that this release has cause a few issues.

However this can be resolved by:

Uninstall the Nokia Music client
Reboot device
Goto Store and install Nokia Music

Now please be aware the uninstall WILL remove all your offline channels and if you have PTS any artists, so you would need to jump on a WiFi and redownload.

@Windev, please reach out to me via here or twitter, as I would like to know what your story is and how we can get you back to enjoying Nokia Music.

Thanks
deano

windev

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi

Its Dean from Nokia Music. Yep we have seen that this release has cause a few issues.

However this can be resolved by:

Uninstall the Nokia Music client
Reboot device
Goto Store and install Nokia Music

Now please be aware the uninstall WILL remove all your offline channels and if you have PTS any artists, so you would need to jump on a WiFi and redownload.

@Windev, please reach out to me via here or twitter, as I would like to know what your story is and how we can get you back to enjoying Nokia Music.

Thanks
deano

Hi Deano,

Thank you for letting us know Nokia Music is aware of this issue. What frustrates me is that I have twitted them about this issue yet I got no reply or acknowledgement even just to let me know that they aware of this issue and that they are investigating and working on a fix or something.

Anyway, I have documented on this thread the issues I encountered since the last update. And I have also followed your recommendation to uninstall the app, reboot then re-install NM+. Please note that I have done this as well just yesterday. The issue which really annoyed me to no end was after re-installing NM, only the 'My Music' and 'Settings' show, no more offline option, etc.

Here's the screen shot.
https://twitter.com/ukwindev/status/342178306306748416/photo/1

Now, swipe left and it shows 'Play' (my 500+ mp3s). Swipe left again and it takes me back to the photo above. Nothing else.

deano_42

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi Deano,

Thank you for letting us know Nokia Music is aware of this issue. What frustrates me is that I have twitted them about this issue yet I got no reply or acknowledgement even just to let me know that they aware of this issue and that they are investigating and working on a fix or something.

Anyway, I have documented on this thread the issues I encountered since the last update. And I have also followed your recommendation to uninstall the app, reboot then re-install NM+. Please note that I have done this as well just yesterday. The issue which really annoyed me to no end was after re-installing NM, only the 'My Music' and 'Settings' show, no more offline option, etc.

Here's the screen shot.
https://twitter.com/ukwindev/status/342178306306748416/photo/1

Now, swipe left and it shows 'Play' (my 500+ mp3s). Swipe left again and it takes me back to the photo above. Nothing else.

Hi

Follow me on twitter and if you get any trouble just tweet to me.

Regarding the screen shot. I cannot see it until you approve my follow. But by the sound of it (My music & settings view) this indicates that you are in a territory that does not have Nokia Music. Looking at your twitter page it says you are in the UK and we have NM there. So next point is your NM+, where is your Nokia Account territory set..?? If it's not the UK then this may be the reason. Last point to check is the System Local of your device. If you can check Setting > region that should show the territory. Checking your Facebook page says you are in the Philippines, if this is the case and your System Local is that then there is your problem.

Feel free to continue here or drop me an email: demo-dean@ovi.com

Thanks
deano

windev

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi

Follow me on twitter and if you get any trouble just tweet to me.

Regarding the screen shot. I cannot see it until you approve my follow. But by the sound of it (My music & settings view) this indicates that you are in a territory that does not have Nokia Music. Looking at your twitter page it says you are in the UK and we have NM there. So next point is your NM+, where is your Nokia Account territory set..?? If it's not the UK then this may be the reason. Last point to check is the System Local of your device. If you can check Setting > region that should show the territory. Checking your Facebook page says you are in the Philippines, if this is the case and your System Local is that then there is your problem.

Feel free to continue here or drop me an email: demo-dean@ovi.com

Thanks
deano

Hi,

Yes, I am currently in the Philippines. Moved here few months ago and it looks like I will be staying here for a little while before moving back to the UK. I did buy my Lumia 920 in the UK though. My Microsoft account's region is UK (default), the debit card I used to subscribe to NM+ was my Barclays' account in the UK, my phone's firmware is GB unlocked version, my phone's region is still set to the default - GB, even language - GB English, store region is obviously GB as well as I am paying ?s when making purchases.

The thing is, I have been subscribed to NM+ for three months and these issues only appeared after the update. My physical location should not have any bearing as I have everything set to UK - settings, languages, accounts, region, etc - all default.

I may have to ask for a refund if this does not get resolved.

deano_42

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Yes, I am currently in the Philippines. Moved here few months ago and it looks like I will be staying here for a little while before moving back to the UK. I did buy my Lumia 920 in the UK though. My Microsoft account's region is UK (default), the debit card I used to subscribe to NM+ was my Barclays' account in the UK, my phone's firmware is GB unlocked version, my phone's region is still set to the default - GB, even language - GB English, store region is obviously GB as well as I am paying ?s when making purchases.

The thing is, I have been subscribed to NM+ for three months and these issues only appeared after the update. My physical location should not have any bearing as I have everything set to UK - settings, languages, accounts, region, etc - all default.

I may have to ask for a refund if this does not get resolved.

Hi

Sorry to get "all official", but our agreements with the record labels prevent us from serving music outside the specified territories. That is why you cannot access NM from the Philippines.

Please drop me your account details to the email address: demo-dean@ovi.com

I will ensure you get the refund for NM+

Thanks
deano

karan24

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I m using lumia 720. Once I download song from Nokia music it gets multiplied into 10. As,e song appears ten times and its gets played ten times. Need help on this. Also I m not able to open some bank site on phone. When I click on login it gives an error that we page not found. The same website opens on android. Help me on these issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6