Nokia eos marketing

raul_junior

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I am really scared for Nokia and windows phone that the eos isn't gonna sell well with the average consumer because of that huge circlevon the back and I really really really hope at&t, Nokia, and Microsoft promote all the power that the camera has so the message can get through! And I really hope that the leaked pictures is just a prototype because honestly that's not the most pretty phone... Any thoughts?

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
If it is indeed a 41 MP camera sensor in there they have done a pretty good job at reducing the bulge from the 808. And remember they are leaks and not official posts, lets wait and see if they make some more changes.

I would buy it in a flash since it is a replacement for any camera and I would never have to bother with quality of zooming again.

raul_junior

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
If it is indeed a 41 MP camera sensor in there they have done a pretty good job at reducing the bulge from the 808. And remember they are leaks and not official posts, lets wait and see if they make some more changes.

I would buy it in a flash since it is a replacement for any camera and I would never have to bother with quality of zooming again.
I agree exactly! But iI'm worried for the average consumer especially teenagers

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
There is another angle on that whole 41mpix number game..

I assume that most people that read this thread know that the 808 is not about the number of pixels, but more about how they are used, mainly for lossless zooming and oversampling.

But considering that in the US most people don't know that 41Mpix phones even exist, or... even stand alone cameras for that matter, the 41Mpix number has a HUGE marketing potential! I still remember when Nokia presented the phase 1 system last year... it took the tech blogosphere, and most people (including myself) a couple of days/weeks to figure out exactly what they've done. I mean.. we went from 8/12Mpix market up to 41Mpix overnight. No one knew about it, so it was kind of a shock.

So if Nokia play their cards right this time.. it can be big. ..

Don't underestimate the fact that the public has been taught that more Mpix = better image quality for years... and 41Mpix is A LOT more then they've ever imagined..

raul_junior

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Don't underestimate the fact that the public has been taught that more Mpix = better image quality for years... and 41Mpix is A LOT more then they've ever imagined..

that's what I'm thinking but people especially Americans (I'm American and not trying to be racist or something) but they have been fought to think that skinny (like iPhone 5 and galaxy) is the best and I'm afraid that the eos hump won't play well

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
that's what I'm thinking but people especially Americans (I'm American and not trying to be racist or something) but they have been fought to think that skinny (like iPhone 5 and galaxy) is the best and I'm afraid that the eos hump won't play well

So .. I guess we will have a slim vs. mpix count type of conflict.. we will see how it plays out :)

I've been using Nokia's flagship camera smartphones for over 3 years, and.. the fact that those devices made it possible for me not ever worry about carrying a compact camera with me was more than enough to make me overlook any design imperfections they might have.

Granted, the N8 did struggle a bit with the xenon at night.. but the 808 completely replaces the need for a camera in pretty much all conditions. Its a smartphone, with a proper camera attached to it.

But that is just me.. we will see how the masses react to this.

Nokia must have at least a bit of an idea about what type of people go for these since the 808 has been on the market for over year, yes.. no marketing, declared DOA, and no carrier deals, but still.. they have some data from that.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Nokia must have at least a bit of an idea about what type of people go for these since the 808 has been on the market for over year, yes.. no marketing, declared DOA, and no carrier deals, but still.. they have some data from that.

Considering the years Nokia engineers toiled away in R&D labs for the 808, the fact that it was DOA is just the saddest thing ever.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Considering the years Nokia engineers toiled away in R&D labs for the 808, the fact that it was DOA is just the saddest thing ever.

Its just business I guess... and it was really bad timing.

I still think that if Elop took the CEO position 5-6 months earlier he would've canceled it .. and yesterday would've been the first time we are hearing about a 41Mpix camera.

And since we are discussing marketing, all it did was to create confusion, and it didn't really help the whole "pureview" lumia campaign because we all knew that they had better tech at their disposal the whole time.

In terms of actual marketing for the 808 .. the little that they did, I actually liked. They were so confident in the camera's abilities that they used it to make all the marketing materials for it..

They released bunch of unedited pictures, and.. the moment i looked at one it was pretty obvious that this was a major leap forward. There were also all the short video clips on youtube .. some of them weren't bad

but i bet that never made it to a TV screen ... so it wasn't like they didn't advertise it at all.. its just that relative to the Lumia campaigns this was nothing.

Last edited:

Sharpmango

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Who cares about the teenage market? This is a premium phone. Mainly adults will buy it. The world is bigger than American teenagers. Much bigger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte