Is this app safe to use?

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
They arn't really apps like you think. They are mobile sites you pin. They are webapps which can be mobile sites designed to be used on smartphones. This app just seems like a fancy way of finding mobiles sites that are webapps and allows you to pin them. Looks to be safe.

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Did some more digging. I just downloaded it. It also shows real wp8 apps. It is essentially a copy of the wp8 store but with webapps added. It links to the real store for wp8 apps. And allows you to pin the webapps(mobile sites) to your phone. This app is like it's own browser when opening web apps. I would say it is safe to use. But a little pointless in my opinion. You can always pin websites in IE10 and it will do the same thing. This apps is just a fancy way of doing it.

cybodroid

May 27, 2013
Visit site
It's pretty much just a shortcut maker with some of the more popular web applications already there for you, and there's no real risk because it uses your browser to get to them. I prefer using WebApps because the tiles are actually the app logo as opposed to simply a screenshot of the website when you pin them from IE.

If an application you want to use isn't there or you don't like the tile they're offering, you can always make a custom one and even submit it if you'd like to share it with other users. I use it for things like Google+, Google News, and Dropbox.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb