Incipio ProDuo for Lumia 920

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I recently signed up for notifications about the XBox One and received the $10 store coupon. I thought I'd use it on an accessory and opted for a case (especially after dropping my last 920 and shattering the screen). After having used the case for a day, here are some thoughts.

The case is very sturdy. It's a bit annoying putting it on, but once you have it, it's very snug. There is absolutely no fear that this will every come off until you pry it off. The case definitely protects the phone well, too. I have accidentally dropped the phone already and there's no damage to it whatsoever. It is in two parts: a rubbery interior and a hardshell exterior. The interior has obvious grooves in it to show where the hardshell is supposed to "clamp".

The case is surprisingly lightweight and doesn't seem to add any noticeable weight to the phone. Granted, this could be due to the phone already being a bit hefty compared to other smartphones, but at least you won't notice a little extra. There are no cutouts for the buttons, but the covers do give you the shape and position of the buttons. I have had no problem clicking them, even feeling the feedback of the click when I use them. The case does have cutouts for the camera and all pluggable ports.

As for connectivity, my WiFi, Bluetooth, and GPS all work the same as before as well as Internet sharing. Also, it still works with wireless chargers (I use the Zens Qi Wireless charging plate that used to be in the WPCentral store, seems to be replaced now). The case doesn't seem to affect the amount of time required to charge it, either.

And now for the not so good. It adds bulk to the phone. If you're one that is already annoyed by the thickness of the Lumia 920, don't get this case. Also, if you have a holster or other accessory that the phone fits in perfectly, you'll want to get a new one or be prepared to put the phone in your pockets. It's not so bad, especially since the case comes with a screen protector, but you have now been warned. The only other complaint I have is that the case is a bit slicker than you'd expect. I never really worried about either my matte or glossy phones slipping out of my hands, but with this case, it has become a new problem. Luckily, the case protects the phone so well that if I drop it, it won't be as big of an issue.

All-in-all, it's a great case that fits right on and can definitely do what it advertises, but expect some extra bulk added to the phone.

And now, for some pics:

Attachments

• case and cloth.jpg
    case and cloth.jpg
    327.4 KB · Views: 2
  • case and phone.jpg
    case and phone.jpg
    482.4 KB · Views: 1
  • case on phone bottom facing up.jpg
    case on phone bottom facing up.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 1
  • case on phone top facing up.jpg
    case on phone top facing up.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 1
  • case on phone corner.jpg
    case on phone corner.jpg
    293.5 KB · Views: 0
  • case on phone back.jpg
    case on phone back.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 2

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I can't believe I did this, but I mis-named the accessory. I keep calling it what's in the title, but it's actually the "Incipio DualPro". I have no idea what's wrong with me.

webdave

Apr 24, 2004
Visit site
The only thing I haven't liked about the DualPro line is the silicone is very loose on the sides compared to similar cases. I noticed it on the 920, Note 2, and S4 cases.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I like the DualPro. Have it on my 822 and my wife's, and had the previous version (silicrylic) on both our Trophy's. Wish it came in the same colors as the 920 for the 822. Really like the Dark Gray/Yellow

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte