Why wpcentral app for windows is not free ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sajith930

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Today I went to appstore to download wpcentral app to my mobile.Its easy to me check least news on my mobile rather than PC..but I really disappointted when I see that it's not free..

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Yep, the trial version is free and will never expire. We just give you the option to pay to remove ads and unlock premium features that are only possible with a native app. Plus, I put a lot of work into it and continually update with fixes, improvements and new features.

I don't think anyone would say they regret the cost of the app

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Yep, the trial version is free and will never expire. We just give you the option to pay to remove ads and unlock premium features that are only possible with a native app. Plus, I put a lot of work into it and continually update with fixes, improvements and new features.

I don't think anyone would say they regret the cost of the app

If you spend much time on this site, there really isn't a good way to use the site on your phone besides the app.

xyronaut

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I just recently bought it & it was the first app I bought from wp store. I never bought anything from the store before because I couldnt make any purchase other than having my CC number added into my phone (something i try to avoid at all cost). So when I heard the news that telkomsel, carrier i use in Indonesia, said that their wp users can make purchase through their post-paid/pre-paid card...buying wpcentral app is the 1st thing come to mind. 2nd one was Instance (no pun).

Having said that, first world developers should consider more reasonable pricing if they want their apps to be accesible by many people in Asia. 99 cents probably nothing for you guys, but it will cost lunch + dinner money here in Indonesia.

RahulRana

May 22, 2013
Visit site
xyronaut well said in india in 99cent i can hv my awesome lunch ~ :(
99cent is around 55 rs i can buy 3 burgers is that much money

Gurggles

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site

also remember, smartphones are luxury items, you do not need one. I do have one question though for the int'l community; why do users outside Euro and USD not complain about the price in their native currency? I know you showed the difference but in the US 99 cents gets you a cookie and that's it.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Having said that, first world developers should consider more reasonable pricing if they want their apps to be accesible by many people in Asia. 99 cents probably nothing for you guys, but it will cost lunch + dinner money here in Indonesia.

BS! You are just cheap! If you can afford a smartphone costing well over $100, you can afford 99 cents for an app.

People who think spending under $1 on software is too much, software that someone spent months of sweat, blood and tears on creating, are just pathetic.

xyronaut

May 6, 2013
Visit site
BS! You are just cheap! If you can afford a smartphone costing well over $100, you can afford 99 cents for an app.

People who think spending under $1 on software is too much, software that someone spent months of sweat, blood and tears on creating, are just pathetic.
defintely you weren't reading 1st half of my post, sire. I paid the app instantly once I finally had the chance to purchase it. I support Jeff for doing hell of a job of making very fluid app & he deserves all the credits.

That is all. Now move along.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site

In the USA a cell phone can cost between $100 and $500. Are you saying that you pay between 5,500 rs and 27,500 rs or between 16,500 burgers and 82,500 burgers?

That seems like a very high price. Is it possible?

I'm trying to understand.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
defintely you weren't reading 1st half of my post, sire.

I did. It didn't change my mind. The price of three burgers is still rediculously little money for the work that goes into an app, particularly a really good one like WPC's.

It's mind boggling to me that people would complain.

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I can tell you for a fact that this is my #1 most used app on my phone. I try to keep up with all the latest news and posts and this app is the best way to do that.

I'm glad I paid for it and would have paid more!!!

Thanks for all the hard work!

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm so impressed with the wpcentral app. It's awesome! I would not complain if I had to pay multitudes more for it.

Brilliant work wpcentral team! Everyone should not hesitate to purchase the app.

wiseguywood

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I think if you try it, you realize how nice it would be without the ads, and buy it. I know I did, and when it is the best Windows phone news site, it is well worth the 99 cents. At least he doesn't overprice the app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo