Why wpcentral app for windows is not free ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascriab

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Yep, the trial version is free and will never expire. We just give you the option to pay to remove ads and unlock premium features that are only possible with a native app. Plus, I put a lot of work into it and continually update with fixes, improvements and new features.

I don't think anyone would say they regret the cost of the app

Thanks for the work you did / do on the WP Central app. It is great and one of my favorites.

Ascriab

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I just recently bought it & it was the first app I bought from wp store. I never bought anything from the store before because I couldnt make any purchase other than having my CC number added into my phone (something i try to avoid at all cost). So when I heard the news that telkomsel, carrier i use in Indonesia, said that their wp users can make purchase through their post-paid/pre-paid card...buying wpcentral app is the 1st thing come to mind. 2nd one was Instance (no pun).

Having said that, first world developers should consider more reasonable pricing if they want their apps to be accesible by many people in Asia. 99 cents probably nothing for you guys, but it will cost lunch + dinner money here in Indonesia.

Lemme get this straight ... you spent several hundred dollars on an electronic device, and now are bemoaning a high-quality $0.99 app because otherwise you will have to skip lunch+dinner?

RN50

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
This is the best app on the wp8 market. Price is a freaking bargain. Always something to read every day and its usually good stuff to.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
...and now are bemoaning a high-quality $0.99 app because otherwise you will have to skip lunch+dinner?

Nah, the person won't even have to skip lunch and dinner. They just don't think the app is worth the price of two cheeseburgers. If they were at the point of having to skip lunch+dinner, they wouldn't have a smartphone. Smartphones are luxury items. You can live perfectly well without one, and many do, including over 40% of the people in 1st world countries.

IrRevd

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
WPCentral app

I recently downloaded the Android Central app for my Nexus 7. Was suprised to see it free considering we are charged for the WP app. No obvious difference in the app quality. What's the reason WP users are charged but not android. If I'm correct both sites share the same owner.

Dazzi

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi mate, it's because Jay Bennett does not work for mobile nations.

Therefore, WP Central costs little money. Also this app is always updated on a regular basis -- I personally think Jay does a brilliant job, to say he has a full-time job elsewhere.

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Re: WPCentral app

I recently downloaded the Android Central app for my Nexus 7. Was suprised to see it free considering we are charged for the WP app. No obvious difference in the app quality. What's the reason WP users are charged but not android. If I'm correct both sites share the same owner.

let's just say that someone set the standard for the other mobile nations apps... Windows Phone got it first this time ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss