GooMu - Google Music App

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I had looked into Gooroovster and CloudMusik last year but saw so many mixed reviews that I didn't want to go through the trouble of uploading all my content to Google. Since then I've just been keeping as much music as I could on my phone and holding out hope that MS would let us use SkyDrive to easily stream our own music and videos, or add that functionality to Xbox Music/Video. My next best hope was that Amazon would release a cloud player for WP8. Maybe I'll just say screw it and open a free Google Play standard account and try out Gooroovster and CloudMusik. If the only issue with CloudMusik is partially obscured album art, I'll be a happy camper.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Just looked at these again in the store. Not sure what to make of Gooroovster- since the update last week there a dozen reviews alternating between 4/5 star and 1 star. What the hell? I think we need some kind of review template that includes details about the phone model, OS, network/carrier, and user's location. Seems like the same deal with CloudMuzik (note the spelling with a "z" ; spell it with an "s" and you get taken to "Cloud Music" an app that taps into music files in your SkyDrive account). Anyway, this one also has a frustrating mix of 1 star and 4/5 star reviews. These things seem to either work really well or not at all. It would be really nice if the dev could troubleshoot this and provide some feedback as to what the problem is.

Still not feeling inspired to try any of these, although GooMu seems to have the best reviews.

dbeattie

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
The 1 star reviews are usually from anon for some reason. I talked with one person that gave it a 1 star review and they didn't even have a google play account. That's sort of how it goes when you make it free. To be fair 1.7, the old version, was a piece of crap. The 2.0+ stuff is a complete re-write with lots of improvements. I've been working hard to weed out the bugs with Gooroovster while adding a bunch of new stuff. Gooroovster probably does a few things the other players don't. i.e. you can shuffle and reshuffle 20k songs without it taking forever. And I hopefully will have all access streaming in there soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos