Bluetooth in car stereo recommendations

RobC46

May 1, 2013
Visit site
So I was playing around with my 820 and JVC KDR826-BT head unit today and noticed when I receive a text message, not only does the phone read out the message through the stereo, but I also have the option to reply (albeit sometimes hilariously wrong) using voice commands. I was a little disappointed coming from an iPhone and losing the option to control programs such as pandora using the head unit in 'application' mode but now I've got an even more useful feature, something that doesn't even happen using a factory BMW or ford Bluetooth system that I've tested.

If anyone is looking around for a new car stereo unit that plays well with WP8, I'd highly recommend this (or a newer variant, it's over a year old now.) Not only is hands free texting easy, but Bluetooth music streaming is seamless and high quality and it has almost infinite backlight colour adjustment so you can make it match your dash lights almost perfectly. Also never had a problem with call quality as it comes with an external microphone that you can mount anywhere. Overall, I'm very impressed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99