HTC making WP8 version of HTC One?

AngrySprintUser

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Just a rumor now but I noticed there's multiple articles out there mentioning HTC has plans to make a Windows Phone 8 version of the HTC One making this their next flagship Windows Phone.

Windows Phone 8-Based HTC One Version Expected This Year

HTC One Windows Phone 8 Could Arrive Later This Year | Htc - Gizbot

Claim: HTC is producing a Windows Phone version of the HTC One | WMPoweruser

Those are just a few, I have no idea how credible those sources are, but I would love for it to be true. I actually almost got the HTC One because I love the build of the phone, plus Blink Feed is essentially Live Tiles, but I just couldn't get myself to go back to having an Android phone.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't call blink feed essentially live tiles though it does have a nice look to it.

Would it be nice to see the One running WP? Sure, but I wouldn't speculate anything this far in advanced.

AngrySprintUser

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm not, as I mentioned it's just rumors and I have no idea how credible the sources are, even though now the story's been posted on WPCentral homepage now.

Just have to wait and see, but I would love to see this phone happen.

Kellzea

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Makes alot of sense really, the one is a great build and looks awesome, just a shame it runs android.

Ive seen the claim that it will be running GDR3, so would have the 1080p screen and quad core.

Nice......

JoeDizzle33

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I really like the look and feel of this phone. If it comes out in a windows phone version I am going to seriously consider getting it. I have an upgrade in February so by then all the new phones should be out.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Would make sense. HTC is not doing well on WP and One is doing good. So I could see them copying their Android device to WP to save on costs, like Samsung. Nothing bad with that, other that that I wanna see WP specific hardware that makes new customers wanna buy WP.
With GDR3 we will likely see similar situation as with Lumia 920, ATIV S and 8X once again with same core specifications, but different screen sizes and cameras.

Maybe only thing hampering One for WP is bringing the One's camera to WP. That camera is all about the software algorythms, like true PureView and will need a lot of work to bring over. Something HTC boss said was not possible at the launch of HTC One.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Anything to keep HTC in the game. I am as much a fan of Nokia as anyone in WP, and think the ecosystem would be fine if they were the only game in town. Doesn't mean I think WP would be better off. HTC One WP?? Outstanding option.

Without HTC, there would be no modern WP. I also love the feel of HTC devices. This would be a amazing excuse to give them a chance to compete head to head with Nokia elite devices.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Anything to keep HTC in the game. I am as much a fan of Nokia as anyone in WP, and think the ecosystem would be fine if they were the only game in town. Doesn't mean I think WP would be better off. HTC One WP?? Outstanding option.

Without HTC, there would be no modern WP. I also love the feel of HTC devices. This would be a amazing excuse to give them a chance to compete head to head with Nokia elite devices.

Totally agree. As long as somebody is making unique and great hardware for WP, I will have nothing against straight HTC One copy.

Choice of hardware is the strenght WP got over iOS as both share similar closed software with restricked hardware for better optimization.

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Totally agree. As long as somebody is making unique and great hardware for WP, I will have nothing against straight HTC One copy.

Choice of hardware is the strenght WP got over iOS as both share similar closed software with restricked hardware for better optimization.

Before the 8x, one X and One I thought HTC only made cheap devices that fell apart if you looked at them wrong and had terrible panels. HTC had to hit rock bottom before they started innovating and I'm happy with what scraping their way back up has produced. I used to hate HTC... The titan series was just awful and way too fragile, all of their phones had been subpar at best but now, I'm happy with what they're producing. A welcome addition to the WP family and I'd love to see this though I'm not dropping Nokia any time soon.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
^ Funny, I always thought HTC's hardware was quite good. That is their heritage and identity. I always disliked and still despise their software efforts.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
imo HTC are in a very difficult situation .. Samsung seems to dominate the Android world, and Nokia is doing the same on the WP side.. I just don't see them being a leading brand in either realm, but maybe they don't need to be.

On the android front they have to worry about LG, Sony.. and all the Chinese brands, which makes even worse.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't call blink feed essentially live tiles though it does have a nice look to it.

Would it be nice to see the One running WP? Sure, but I wouldn't speculate anything this far in advanced.

Hang on - so we cant speculate on HTC rumors for early 2014?? (thats when GDR3 is supposed to be available)

Interesting as I and others have been speculating about EOS and EOS2 and MAX and the tablet - some of which will be for 2014 too - you MAY want to tell us Nokia speculators that we shouldnt provide fuel to rumors 8 months in advance :)
I thought you were one of those that speculated too?
Why else are we in the rumors threads?? :)

gd761

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
HTC has been a Windows Phone Manufacturer in the past and they Can be Again. There are Plenty of us Windows Phone fans out there that are Just Waiting Patiently for a Good Quality Built Windows Phone. HTC has built that for Android with the "ONE".
Sprint is coming Very Close to a Deal with Softbank where they Will be getting an Influx of a LOT of Money to Upgrade their Network to the Global Standard TD-LTE unlike the other Cell Providers who are NOT going to be using the Global Standard for LTE.
It Will be Easier for HTC and the other Manufacturers outside of the US that Make Cellphones that Sell All over the World to be Used in the US on Sprint.
So HTC Can and Should get back to Supporting Windows Phone and make not Only a Variant of the "ONE" the Same Size, but Also make a "ONE Phablet" as well for Windows Phone.
By the end of the year, Windows Phone 9 should also be ready and RTM. That is When HTC should release the 2 different Models of the "ONE" to Sprint. HTC ONE WP9 and HTC ONE Phablet WP9.
How Many of you HTC Fans and Windows Fans would Buy either of these HTC Variants if HTC Would Make them?

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
^ I like HTC hardware, but I'm not buying anything from HTC until they get more serious about the software side as well. Recycling the HTC One won't cut it.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
^ I like HTC hardware, but I'm not buying anything from HTC until they get more serious about the software side as well. Recycling the HTC One won't cut it.

I agree with this 100%. If they release a One clone but incorporate Zoe and all the cool software things it'll rock. Maybe a BlinkFeed tile?

CSJr1

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site

I agree. I have soft spot in my heart for HTC. I have had some solid WM phones from them in the past. I think their aluminum build and dual speakers hardware is even better than Nokia. However, If I were to give them another chance, it would not be for a retread of the HTC One.

Now if they released a version of the HTC One Max with WP on it with an upgraded camera, then Nokia will have some competition as my next phone will be a phablet. But the probabilities of a One Max with WP happening is low.

Grimlock

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm really hoping for a WP8 version of the HTC One. I actually like the size of the HTC One Mini more, but chances of that being turned into a WP are even slimmer. I'd also like true successor to the 8X (not 8XT), but it doesn't seem like that is very realistic either. I love the shape and material of the 8X.

I really do like the Lumias but the current models are a little to big for me; ultimately I'll get a lumia when they release a smaller one with at least a 720p screen. I'm thinking about the 925 but its probably better to wait 4-5 months for more of a spec bump.

Last edited:

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I see no reason why HTC should not make WP versions of the One, One mini and One max if they share the same hardware. No need to play with the design, perfect as is. I would buy a WP variant of the One in a heartbeat, especially if I can share the same gadgets and cases. You know, to replace my Samsung Ativ-S. If GDR3 provides the drivers, HTC can save big bucks in development and we get great hardware!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon