Youtube HD App Downloads

sudhindra9

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
The Youtube HD app is without doubt the best free Youtube app for downloading and also supports background downloads. But the downloaded videos are stored in the phone memory and are not found in the Music+Videos app and can be played only through the Youtube HD App. When connected to the PC, these videos are not found and hence cannot be transferred. Is there a way to transfer these videos to another device or get them to play in the Music+Videos app???

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
That's odd. I looked at the details on the app page in the store and it says my video support. Looked through the comments and no one has mentioned your issue. I wonder if you can e-mail the dev.

cooldevdutt

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
i agree with sudhindra9.... i am also facing the same issue as he has described.
these videos cannot be transferred to computer.
if anyone knows any solution, it would be helpful if its shared..

jeffskent

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I use a Win 8 computer running Firefox with an add on called "youtubedownloader'. This allows me to download youtube videos in 720 to 1080 p mp4 files, which then can be transferred to my Lumia 1020 if I want to watch a you tube video on a 4.5" screen, which I rarely do.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
It seems OS limitation, You can't transfer those files to pc.
its not an OS limitation, but the way it has been implemented. Downloading YouTube videos is considered a privacy breach but viewing is not (don't ask me why but ask Google). MS has done it the right way.

ramiz raja

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I bought Lumia 925 in UAE and when I tried to download Youtube HD app, it says the app not available in your region.
How can I download the app? I am desperate to get this app.

Thanks,

undulose

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
its not an OS limitation, but the way it has been implemented. Downloading YouTube videos is considered a privacy breach but viewing is not (don't ask me why but ask Google). MS has done it the right way.

He explained it well. It happens even with UC Browser.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 (RM-937 Malaysia) using Tapatalk

cuwe

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Another thing , when you downloaded the videos , it was stored as the YouTube HD data file , which means , the videos will be not save into your SD card . So your YouTube HD application data will increase .

6029KingStephen

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Also worth mentioning on the subject of getting YouTube videos on to your PC - go to the video on YouTube, then change the url from "www.youtube......." to "www.ssyoutube........." and you can download straight from the page

nithyanands

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
The Youtube HD app is without doubt the best free Youtube app for downloading and also supports background downloads. But the downloaded videos are stored in the phone memory and are not found in the Music+Videos app and can be played only through the Youtube HD App. When connected to the PC, these videos are not found and hence cannot be transferred. Is there a way to transfer these videos to another device or get them to play in the Music+Videos app???

guys i have tried to share the downloaded files over BT from my Lumia 720 to another non-WP phone it works...quitely....
check this its great...
now i can share what i downloaded from youtube and can share with my buddies....

try this triick but Youtube HD allows u only there times to share free.to unlock this fetaure u have to pay some amount Rs55 as IAP

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers