Simple Calender killing my battery

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

I've heard a lot of great things about Simple Calender...randomly scrolling through the store yesterday i came across and installed it. Playing around, the one thing that appealed to me was the "Frodo" layout...since i like it so much i paid the $1.25. A little later i noticed a background process was required, which i sort of find odd and shut it off. This morning i woke up and not surprisingly the date was still from yesterday. I thought OK, its just a calender...ive already got WeatherFlow and Battery on background process, what could be the harm? From 8am to now (9:45am) my battery has dropped from 93% to 55%!!! Has anyone experienced this with Simple Calender?

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
The odds are pretty high that it's not that app, but a more general WP8 issue. If you think it really is that app, reach out to that dev and see if they've heard of other issues. Sometimes a fix is in the works if it is an app specific problem.

Lots of people claim they've found 'the' app that burns through the battery but generally if you reboot your phone it will fix the issue until the OS gets its knickers in a twist again.

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I *may* have had the same issue. I'll troubleshoot today and see if I can pinpoint the Simple Calendar app as the leak...I'm thinking I installed it about a similiar time as my latest battery issues developed, a week or two ago. We'll see.

Starting w/a soft reset straight off the bat.

Riley2521

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
That's weird, I installed Simple Calendar the other day and my phone DIED last night much faster than usual, and I wasn't even playing on it during the day.....

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
after i soft reset the phone (volume down + power 10 secs) the issue stopped at a drastic level...its draining but less excessively now so im not 100% going to say its this app. However before my reset, im very confident it was related to Simple Calender. Man, we REALLY need a way to kill all concurrent processes (seize and restart) rather than a full reboot.

Ill keep my eye on this and see if it happens again. Thanks for the input guys.

electriclamb

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
i have 15 background tasks running, bluetooth on permanently, and next gen reader with 5 live tiles and i still get 2-3 percent battery drop which im fine with. The only situation i have ever noticed caused extreme battery drain was the microsoft account failing to sync for me at least. Once that starts your pretty much screwed until you reset it and get lucky or it works itself out. Just out of habit, whenever i add a new live tile or add a new app with location i reset the phone for good measure. I also do this after i rearrange my live tiles just to be safe. Pretty much until microsoft fixes these app lock ups, gps lock ups, and account syncing issues, the reset button is out best friends haha

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
i have 15 background tasks running, bluetooth on permanently, and next gen reader with 5 live tiles and i still get 2-3 percent battery drop which im fine with. The only situation i have ever noticed caused extreme battery drain was the microsoft account failing to sync for me at least. Once that starts your pretty much screwed until you reset it and get lucky or it works itself out. Just out of habit, whenever i add a new live tile or add a new app with location i reset the phone for good measure. I also do this after i rearrange my live tiles just to be safe. Pretty much until microsoft fixes these app lock ups, gps lock ups, and account syncing issues, the reset button is out best friends haha

Yes, I've noticed this more becoming a habit with myself lately. Every once in a while when install a new app it happens...but this was the most aggressive I've ever seen it. Its just weird resetting the phone so often for this sort of thing. Meh, life goes on....all I have to recall is my experience with the S3 and realize this is all minor :)

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
One recommendation I've heard over and over again, is that since these smartphones are basically a computer in our pockets, we should reboot them at least once every few days. That means to simply turn it off once in a while. I for one need an alarm clock every morning but for that I use my tablet. So why keep my L822 on all night?

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
One recommendation I've heard over and over again, is that since these smartphones are basically a computer in our pockets, we should reboot them at least once every few days. That means to simply turn it off once in a while. I for one need an alarm clock every morning but for that I use my tablet. So why keep my L822 on all night?

Fair enough. Unfortunately my 920 is my alarm clock....go figure lol. I guess it makes sense to reboot it every once in a while, they're much more like PC's nowadays. Lets just hope we can always avoid blue screen of death ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6