App lock for windows phone

nefester000

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I am using Lumia 820 and I want to know an app protector. By using that i can apply password to the selected apps like messaging or email app so that others can't see my messages or mails when i leave my phone unattended. Please Suggest me the apps.

nefester000

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Use phone lock (with password). You are looking elsewhere for features that your phone already have.

Phone lock locks complete phone. I want to lock specific apps. I want that my friends can play games on my phone but could not read my messages or email etc..

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Have you turned on Kids Corner? You could just make games accessible from there.

You might also start looking for friends you can trust.

DerekMuk

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Our 6 year old broke out of Kids Corner in less than 2 minutes. If you use any app with an ad from there, select the ad. You now have unfettered access to the browser. On other platforms, utilities like App Lock fix this - whenever the browser/Facebook app/whatever is invoked - even in the context of a game - you must type in a password to proceed. Does anybody know if there's anything similar on Windows Phone?

Adri Creus

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I am using Lumia 820 and I want to know an app protector. By using that i can apply password to the selected apps like messaging or email app so that others can't see my messages or mails when i leave my phone unattended. Please Suggest me the apps.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Kids' Corner is the answer. Still, a feature that your phone has.

i dont understang how kid's corner works.
i mean, i have set up passcode for my phone. then i enabled kids corner with 3 apps, namely angry birds, bookviser and Camera.
but now, phone is asking passcode to access kids corner. what the hell use of this kids corner, if it asks the passcode.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

buddy, be assured and happy that u r not alone looking for that.
i hope with 8.1, we may get this. but still there is no news of such API from anyone those who have received SDK for 8.1

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

developers of individual apps have to include such a feature. Some apps already have password protection.

my2pennies

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
So I too am looking for an application that will lock specific application not the whole phone. I use it as a punishment method when my son does not follow the rules on his android phone. I recently got my daughter a windows phone for her birthday and I would like to have the same application. So far I found app protector which is very similar to that of app lock for androids but the only difference is that the application itself doesn't ask for the PASSWORD when you go to lock another lock. Essentially making it pointless!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte