Htc 8xt for Sprint

trueblue92

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Windows Phone fan? Sprint customer? Then you'll be excited to hear the the long-awaited HTC 8X is now on Sprint, but we couldn't resist packing in some new innovations (and one letter). Announcing the HTC 8XT!
167366-HTC-8XT%28RGB%29-with-Reg-color-thumbnail-huge.png

Inspired by the award-winning design of the 8X, with a dash of elements from the 8S, the 8XT is a blend of iconic HTC design with customer-friendly features. If you recall the 8S had a strip of colour at the bottom - I actually preferred the way it looked to the 8X - and this has been echoed in the 8XT along with some noteworthy features:

• The first Windows Phone to feature HTC BoomSound, which includes dual frontal speakers for louder, richer sound. If you haven't heard BoomSound in person, you may not fully appreciate what a difference this can make to the audio experience on your phone. Also part of BoomSound is a dedicated amp for the dual speakers, and one for the headphone jack. This means powerful, crisp Beats Audio.
  • 8 megapixel rear camera with a f/2.0 lens, back-side illumination sensor capable of multi-shot burst mode and the ability to capture both video and still images at the same time. And a dedicated camera button of course!
  • 1.6 megapixel wide-angle front facing camera
  • microSD card slot for up to 64 GB of expansion for storage of media files
  • Available later this summer at a $99.99 price tag with a two-year contract and $50 mail-in rebate
  • Available in California Blue with HTC's signature soft-touch finish
167373-8XT-thumbnail-huge.jpg

Physically, here's how the device measures up along with a few other key specs:

• Dimensions: 5.2 x 2.6 x .39 inches (10mm) (LxWxT)
  • Weight: 4.9 ounces with battery
  • CPU: Dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 at 1.4 Ghz
  • 4.3 inch display with WVGA resolution
  • Battery: 1,800 mAh Lithium Ion battery
  • Total storage: 8GB internal memory, available capacity varies
  • RAM: 1GB
  • 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 3.0, 3G/4G wireless hotspot capability
167380-8XT-6view-CaliforniaBlue-thumbnail-huge.jpg

Looks really nice IMO

mrmdj31675

Banned
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
How's that for a Sprint EXCLUSIVE, Daniel! And Sprint is not even done. The Launch date will be announced by Sprint very soon, and for what I know it could be sometime in July.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Sprint on Wednesday unveiled two new Windows Phones ahead of Microsoft’s annual Build conference, which kicks off later in the day. The HTC 8XT sheds the “Windows Phone” from its name, though its design appears very similar to the “HTC Windows Phone 8X” that launched last year.

I found that part a little interesting.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I found that part a little interesting.

I totally get it. Windows Phone doesn't yet have a reputation other than "It doesn't have any apps" (Nevermind the fact its rock solid, secure, beautiful, fast and doesn't necessarily need applications installed to do what other devices do). Also, it's simply too long. Dropping that from the name, HTC 8X and 8XT sound much more "cool" for lack of a better word. The HTC Android One doesn't sound that awesome either to be honest.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3