Apps "missing" after switching 928

tribexx

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,

I recently had to switch my 928 after the old "head phone/cell phone" issue. I got a new one from the MS store. I told it to restore my old 928 settings, and it started downloading
100+ items...

I turned off data and wifi until I got home and the downloads started and ended quickly. However, I still have 15

"Download application" Attention required

Messages that just ended with nothing downloaded. My question:

Are there 15 apps that I am missing? How can I tell? windowsphone.com only allows reinstall, but will not tell me what is not on my phone.

(I have found that one of them is YouTube.

How do you find any missing apps not downloaded.

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
If an app has been unpublished from the Windows Phone store, you won't be able to re-install it.

The YouTube app was removed and the old Mobile Wrapper app came back. That "might" be the issue you are facing with these apps.

You will have to check if they're still available in the store.

SnatchedIT

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
YouTube still has a page on the store, and it's still 3.0 (badass one) but it's not available to download. That's because Microsoft is working with Google to bring in ads and the monetized part of it. But something tells me the lack of interest on windows phone from google is holding the development back. I think it's been a month already.

To find missing apps you can scroll your list on windows phone site and search for ones missing on your phones while comparing the two. Or you can just find that an app is missing when you need it :)

These are the only ways I know, sorry.

tribexx

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the answers, I think the apps are all no longer available.

Which is a shame as my 5year old LOVED youtube and elmo. I will have to look at metrotube.

SnatchedIT

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
While waiting for Google to move his asses to actively add ads, you can go either with Metrotube or mytube (which is pretty nice and free without ads)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa