Blackberry 10 gets ultraviolet streaming before windows phone

waym1962

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Flixster just updated their blackberry 10 app to include ultraviolet streaming before they brought it to their windows phone app. I don't understand the logic in this move since Windows Phone has a larger user base and isn't currently suffering from a press disaster and failed earnings reports. I've emailed and tweeted them about support of ultraviolet playback in the past with no real commitment being given to our platform. Please tell them you want support on our platform.

Flixster for BlackBerry 10 adds UltraViolet movie streaming

trwrt

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I doubt they implemented it just in the past three days, so I'm not sure what the BlackBerry earnings report would have to do with it.

JoeDizzle33

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Flixster just updated their blackberry 10 app to include ultraviolet streaming before they brought it to their windows phone app. I don't understand the logic in this move since Windows Phone has a larger user base and isn't currently suffering from a press disaster and failed earnings reports. I've emailed and tweeted them about support of ultraviolet playback in the past with no real commitment being given to our platform. Please tell them you want support on our platform.

Flixster for BlackBerry 10 adds UltraViolet movie streaming

I've emailed them in past as well. This is what I was told by them:

Playback is not currently supported for Windows Phone. We hope to have this feature available to Windows Phone users in the future, but we're not able to give you a timeline for when this will be possible.

Thanks for your feedback.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I would also guess the reasoning behind this is the "easier to port due to Android"-kinda thing. Optionally they have worked on it much longer when BB still held the third spot.

JoeDizzle33

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Does anybody know why it would be a problem to get Flixster account movies to play on Windows Phone 8? Hulu Plus, Crackle, Netflix, and other video sites work just fine. What is it about Flixster movies that has stalled them from integrating that function into their app?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6