Android security alert.

IrRevd

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Turns out that someone has found a 'masterkey' for android which in the wrong hands could potentially put all android handsets at risk. Android Central has a good article.

Wonder what peoples thoughts are.

For my pennies worth I have to say I am not surprised. Having previously caught a virus on my old htc wildfire from an app on the Android Market I have been of the view that android is just not as secure as it should/needs to be.

The same cant be said for BB or iOS (and I assume WP).

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Google should roll out a fix immediately, man, this could be huge. The articles also state it is as of now theoretical, isn't it?

and to say some unwary people still stay away from windows phone since they think the same viruses as Big Windows apply to WP8 as well.

IrRevd

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure Google will fix it but doubt they will ever purge Google Play of all the crap spamware and virus infested apps.

Makes you think though. Some people are using their nfc phones as debit cards and all sports...

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
some of the top apps on Android are all either of half naked women or crapware. How can it be that entire nations download this crap, we are going to face the same issues with the ever growing windows store. I see a lot of junk but at least it is not as bad as Android right now.

Last edited:

FinancialP

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Looks at my Lumia store and sees tons of sketch me, girls photos apps, related apps that have nothing to do with the app I'm looking at. Top apps filled with off brand stuff.

Yeah the store isn't loaded with crap.... Legit.

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I think it is increasingly evident that, to find quality apps you need to be on sites like WPCentral or to use apps like App Highlights which may miss certain very good apps.

I have no idea what the best solution is. If anyone does know do tell me, I am desperate to find good apps for Livestream.com etc.

NTUser

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Why am I not surprised.
Android app store is getting more iffy by the day, I just hope we don't see anything like this in the WP store.
Funny how desktop Windows is notorious for drowning in malware, desktop Linux-based OSes are praised for having none, and yet WP can't even run .exes (and therefore isn't vulnerable to conventional Windows malware) and Android is being consumed by it as we speak.
Goodbye Android, and good riddance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss