Navigating Forums on WPCental App

IamJonso

May 28, 2011
Visit site
When navigating Forum Categories on the WPCentral App and swipe to the next page, the next page is always loaded scrolled to the position relative to where I was on the previous page. For example, I was at the bottom of a current page, then swipe to the next page, the next page will load showing content the bottom of that page, which means that I have to scroll all the way to the top of the new page, to start reading. Is there a setting I can use to have the next page automatically load showing content at the top of the new page? This will save me a lot of scrolling up and down. This only happens when I'm navigating through a main Forum Category (e.g Lumia 925) and works fine when I'm navigating individual topic threads.

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey,

By main forums do you mean the recent and participated tabs when you tap on forums? Yes, they will remain at the point you left them unless you exit the page.

It is the way scrolling is meant to be? I don't see an issue with it. Maybe I didn't understand you, a small video or screenshots might help.

anon(157335)

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey,

By main forums do you mean the recent and participated tabs when you tap on forums? Yes, they will remain at the point you left them unless you exit the page.

It is the way scrolling is meant to be? I don't see an issue with it. Maybe I didn't understand you, a small video or screenshots might help.

Select the Lumia 925 forum, for example, and scroll to the bottom of the most recent active topics. Then swipe right to left in order to view the next page of topics and you will be positioned at the bottom of page 2. You need to scroll up to view the topics at the top of that page.

To the OP, the same thing happens to me on my L920 and I am updated to the most recent app version. I think I'm used to it now and I don't really think about it anymore, but it is slightly annoying.

Ftruck90

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I was about to start a thread regarding this exact thing. Such a tiny issue but really is kind of jarring and annoying. The Engadget app does the same thing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05