Smart Camera vs Pro Camera as "Default"

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
We have some great new camera apps coming from Nokia for the Pureview Lumias (1020, 928, 925, 920). We also are getting the ability to select any "lens" camera app to be the default when we push the dedicated camera button. I'm wondering if people will go for the Smart Camera or the Pro Camera as the default.

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Both have their own unique features. I personally would use Pro Camera as default since it provides me with photos + videos and ability to manually control all my settings. Smart Cam would be used as a lens since I don't use motion shot or sequence for normal day to day pictures.

Lumia 1020 has both and it is so amaging (see what I did there :))

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Interesting. I was going to go the other way and use Smart Camera as my default. I think the times when I want to go from pocket to pic the fastest will be for people shots. If I want total control, I'll probable be able to take the extra second or two to click a pinned tile for Pro Camera.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
This topic reminds me how honestly I hate how Nokia's features are all spread out through different apps. I don't want 3 different mapping programs installed (Drive, Maps, Transit), I want a single one that includes all of the functions. Similarly, I don't want to pick and choose between a million camera apps (Creative Studio, Cinemagraph, Smart Cam, Pro Cam, Panorama, Smart Shoot). They need to integrate all of the features into a single app, with some sort of mode selector on the top of the screen like the way that ProShot currently lets you pick between A, P, M modes. Spreading it out all over the place instead means you need to constantly think about which features are in which camera app, which sometimes means it's too late for the picture by the time you're in the right one.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I do totally agree with Here Maps, but I do find the separation with Pro Camera and Smart Camera to be justified. Pro Camera is much more of a default camera UI (and amazing one at that imo) that gives you clean UI with automatic easy camera shooting, to all the way to manual audio recording settings on video and countless of manual photo settings.
Throwing Smart Camera into Pro Camera settings somewhere doesn't feel right to me.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Really? Why not?

After all, they're already duplicating the dials of a dedicated camera; why not this dial that pretty much every camera has a version of?
View attachment 37746

It would be simple to turn a dial to switch between modes; it's like any other camera on the planet. Use something akin to the above pictured 'art' function for stuff like what Creative Studio does with filters, a 'pro' option on the dial for Pro Camera's features, something like iAuto for Smart Camera's features.

There's no reason to separate out these modes into another app. I mean, I don't have to open up another app on my camera to change like this, do I?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos