Why why why

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The apps are different for Windows Phone and Windows 8. It's the same way with Apple products. If one has an iOS app for his iPhone/iPad, he needs a separate app for his OS X Mac.

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Different platforms. If you buy the same app in android you must repurchased again in iPad, same app different platforms, different stores.

skja

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
What about the Xbox games like batman and etc why do I have to pay 6-7$ and then again on windows 8, I can see with other apps but with Xbox games they should be usable all around once bought, like when I had bb10 prior to l920 I had apps on there that were also usable on the bb playbook without purchasing again

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
What about the Xbox games like batman and etc why do I have to pay 6-7$ and then again on windows 8, I can see with other apps but with Xbox games they should be usable all around once bought, like when I had bb10 prior to l920 I had apps on there that were also usable on the bb playbook without purchasing again

I agree. I was so convinced that this was they way they were heading. Then Skulls of the Shogun came out and every platform required a separate purchase. I was dumbfounded. iOS still has the advantage. Buy once for ipad and iphone (most apps are for both nowadays) AND share it with 10 different devices. Works great.

Last edited:

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Iphone and Ipad pretty much runs the same OS. With WP8 and W8, you are comparing iOS and OSX. Its confusing but also a pretty ridiculous question once you understand the difference.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
That's one of the first questions I had after installing Windows 8. I started a thread about it last year, since I was confused at the time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb