Gaming and Battery

Nakazul

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi all. Just curious to see if more is having issues with keeping there phone alive while plugged in and playing graphic intense games.
I have a Lumia 920 and even if my phone is fully charged, and plugged in in to the wall, my battery will eventually hit 0 and the phone shut down. Right now I'm playing Chaos and Order and I can only play for awhile until it dies.
Is this normal?

Nakazul

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I sent my phone to repairs but don't think there really is a solution. WP8 is not optimized to work effective under preassure.

Nakazul

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Just got my phone back more broken then before I sent it in. Volume rocker is stuck and scratches to the screen, woopie. Battery still not issuesnot solved. Sent in again.

Any Lumia 920 owner that plays the game Order & Chaos, that can comfort me that its possible to play the game without the battery draining while plugged in to the wall? Well i got to have a quick look at Halo at least.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I think I went through 50% battery in 45 minutes playing Order and Chaos. That's because I decided to try it out. Don't like it though, prefer my MMORPG to be played on the computer not phone.

Nakazul

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Finally got my device back for the second time and I been trying to play all the "real" games again. (Order & Chaos being my favorite) Battery is still draining while plugged. Its darn frustrating with all these games and not being able to play them.
I am using the phone in flight mode with WiFi. I turned off:
- E-mail updating (only have 1 acc)
- Using only photo for lock screen.
- Flight mode, WiFi only.
- Bluetooth, position, kids corner, NFC, Backup, Xbox Music, Xbox games, yeah you get the point ...all are off.
I uninstalled What's App and Skype and have 2-3 background tasks. WHY CANT I PLAY GAMES ON THIS CRAPPY PHONES! Sorry, but I'm so tired of Lumia 920 and I'm all out of ideas.

Nakazul

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Okay, another update. I uninstalled all my apps and put built in Messenger ( i forgott about that) offline. Now the phone seems to hold the charge. But i have nothing on the phone at all now :'(

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
If I play games, especially the more graphically demanding games, on my phone it's inevitable that I'll have problems with battery life. And not just while I'm gaming, but I'll start having problems with inexplicable drain on standby. When I avoid gaming, however, battery life is incredible, even using the phone for photos, web, texting and the like.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss