Nokia purity or other?

Beast of Haeven

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone using a audiophile recommended in ear headphone? I'm pretty close to getting the purity in ear because of the design and supposed decent performance, but should I get something else?

I've been looking at the shure SE215 and comparable audio technical in ear phones. Of course the SE215s are on the high end verses the Nokia purity head phones.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I've been thinking about getting the purity lately. The price on Amazon is almost too tempting to pass up.

Beast of Haeven

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I've been thinking about getting the purity lately. The price on Amazon is almost too tempting to pass up.

I agree! I'm a little biased with them because they were co created by Nokia. I hear that they are a decent pair of headphones but for the retail price of 99 I know I can find a set of buds that will perform better. I know you can find the white in ear purity head phones for as little as $32+, while the cyan is as low as $44-49. At these prices I'm temped to just buy them and call it a day.

Res215dg

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I just sold my URBeats by Dr. Dre Beats in-ear headphones and picked up the Purity In Ear Black

They are pretty good in terms of sound quality- lacking on the mids/highs- bass is definitely there (comparable to Beats ear buds bass)

Simplistic design, feel kind of cheap as the buds are so light- but as a plus they do have no tangle type cords which is a huge plus for me as I hate dealing with ear buds that tangle while in my pocket

Definitely not worth the MSRP of $99- if you can pick them up for $40, I say give them a shot-

Beast of Haeven

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I just sold my URBeats by Dr. Dre Beats in-ear headphones and picked up the Purity In Ear Black

They are pretty good in terms of sound quality- lacking on the mids/highs- bass is definitely there (comparable to Beats ear buds bass)

Simplistic design, feel kind of cheap as the buds are so light- but as a plus they do have no tangle type cords which is a huge plus for me as I hate dealing with ear buds that tangle while in my pocket

Definitely not worth the MSRP of $99- if you can pick them up for $40, I say give them a shot-

Thanks. I'm staying clear of beats by dre anything because audiophiles from all over swear that they are overpriced for the performance. I've heard some say the purity in ears have decent sound without too much bass and others say good bass and not much else. I guess I'll be giving them a shot and see for myself unless someone convinces me other wise.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo