One of my favorite apps gone. Melodrama to follow.

Wyn6

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I recently upgraded to the Lumia 925, as in today. Upon signing into to my MS account and watching all of my stuff magically added back, I was eager to set up my Start Screen. Would I keep it the same as my 810 or do a little something different? As I pondered a question I'm sure many of you have, I started happily pinning away. However, to my extreme dismay I came across a disturbing discovery. One of my most beloved apps was not in my app list. Wait... what? Say it ain't so.

I checked the Store to no avail. But... hang on. Perhaps, the app was simply hidden from the general public. So, away I went to windowsphone.com where I began scouring my purchase history. I've had this app on my phone for nearly two and a half years, so I had to go back through a lot of apps. And, that's when I saw it. "App is no longer published".

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. But, it was actually my own screams of, "Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!" echoing through the cityscape, and scattering birds to the wind.

Yes... SportScores was gone. One of the best uses of the Live Tile as we know it. Once upon a time, there was the ability to place up to four (later cut down to two) of your favorite teams from any sport on the tile (front and back) and have it update scores in a fairly timely manner.

Oh sure, there are still live tile score apps out there. But, these apps either are specific to a single sport or force you to go into the app each time to pin a specific game to your Start Screen. I just... just... why StrayPixel? Why?!!!

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I agree 100% with this post. SportsScores was the best live tile for sports by far. You could pin up to 4 teams, 2 on each side of the tile, and be done with the adjustments. Just like the op states: no pinning of individual games, no fiddling with settings, just your favorite teams' scores and games, reliable and attractive.

I made a similar post when I discovered the same thing. Just so you know, the app has been gone for months. I don't think it's coming back.

As for pro sports scores, espn, or any of the other apps, they don't come close. The actual apps probably have more information, but as far as the live tile, SportsScores was the best, bar none.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos