App to read PDF's?: Text to speach

WinDoze

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Is there an app for WP8 that will allow me to listen to a PDF document. In other words, if I open a PDF document inside this program, it would just read it to me.

I'm in grad school and have an enormous amount of reading (mostly PDF articles) and would be great if there were a program that could just read the text in the document and read it to me on my commute. Kind of as it if were an audio book. Seems like because the text is static and easy to read, software should be easier to be able to convert text into speech a lot easier than the other way around (which is pretty good these days)... although I still get a few laughs when trying to decipher my Google Voice text from voicemails.

Is there any app out there now that does this (hopefully for Windows Phone), and if so what is it?

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't appear to be one for Windows Phone yet. There are a few requests for one over in the Microsoft community forums. There is vbookz, but it's only iphone at the moment.

Geronimo928

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Is there an app for WP8 that will allow me to listen to a PDF document. In other words, if I open a PDF document inside this program, it would just read it to me.

I'm in grad school and have an enormous amount of reading (mostly PDF articles) and would be great if there were a program that could just read the text in the document and read it to me on my commute. Kind of as it if were an audio book. Seems like because the text is static and easy to read, software should be easier to be able to convert text into speech a lot easier than the other way around (which is pretty good these days)... although I still get a few laughs when trying to decipher my Google Voice text from voicemails.

Is there any app out there now that does this (hopefully for Windows Phone), and if so what is it?

I'm sure it's not as easy as it seems but it would good to enable a universal text to speech function....and not to mention....universal search...:-D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel