When will Plants vs Zombies 2 come to Windows Phone?

arnieman

May 18, 2012
Visit site
I see my friends have started to play it already on iOS devices. Wonder if there has been any word from EA or PopCap about a WP release...

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
SNAPS I need to DL it on my ipod!...oh nvm it's limited to certain regions only atm and who knows when =/

Last edited:

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I forgot about that game.I will download it for my iPad.

I think WP8 and Android will get same launch day.If not , WP8 version will arrive probably next year

EDIT : PvZ 2 is full of in-app purchases and bad graphics.
I am not going to download it for iPad or any of my devices.

I hate IAP based games (Freemium)

ZenBot

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
PC is/was a big deal for the original Plants vs Zombies so I would imagine a Windows version is somewhere near the top of the list. And if everything MS has been saying about Windows 8 is true there's is a good possibility that W8/WP8/W8Surface versions would be only slight variations on each other and could/should be developed concurrently.

The official line at this point is something along the lines of "coming to other devices through the rest of this year and into the next."
What you have to keep in mind is the fact that just like the first game this one is gonna land on game consoles, Smart TVs, Nintendo 3DSs and imagine those are the devices that won't be seeing PvZ2 until 2014.

Will we get it before Android...I'm guessing no. The numbers are just too overwhelming. But I think we'll have it before year's end. It would be sweet to see it drop around Halloween!

I've never heard of any deals to launch games on an Mobile OS and keep it exclusive for X period of time (Ignore the Nokia stuff...that is exclusivity within Windows).
I know between, for example, between the Sony PS3 and XBOX 360 MS seems to have a real edge getting exclusive launch windows with Activision and Call Of Duty DLC.
Sony countered with perks and early access for Electronic Arts' Battlefield games & DLC.

You've really gotta wonder if Apple cut EA a big cheque to launch on iOS first, and have it only on iOS for 30 or 60 days. Think of the timing...new iPhone next month, maybe a new iPad too... PvZ2, only on iOS...that's some quality synergy. Maybe Google is shooting cannons of money at Instagram to keep off WP8 too.

Last edited:

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
You've really gotta wonder if Apple cut EA a big cheque to launch on iOS first, and have it only on iOS for 30 or 60 days. Think of the timing...new iPhone next month, maybe a new iPad too... PvZ2, only on iOS...that's some quality synergy. Maybe Google is shooting cannons of money at Instagram to keep off WP8 too.

I think you're seriously over-thinking this. Why would Apple ever need to pay EA for exclusives? iOS is the most profitable mobile platform by far. This is something corroborated by both stats and people in the industry. Developers release for Android for relevancy and exposure, but it's exceedingly difficult to turn a profit there. That's why iOS often gets games before Android, but they do eventually show up. You can't escape the massive userbase.

By contrast, iOS is a sure thing. Although there's such a constant deluge of great games a lot of people still gravitate towards the big names; Angry Birds, Candy Crush, Plants Vs Zombies, etc. Evidently even a crap in-app purchase model isn't enough to deter people. Despite the criticism Plants vs Zombies 2 still managed over 41k reviews averaging 4.5 stars.

41 thousand reviews in 3 days! The top Windows Phone games haven't achieved even a quarter that in 6 months in the marketplace.

The great thing about iOS is that they aren't favoring the big name publishers over the indies, unlike Microsoft. We're suffering from too much reliance on EA and Gameloft. It sucks for us because all we get is a trickle of generic gaming as the publishers hedge their bets. But it isn't rocket science, success on iOS is a sure thing with a reasonably good game. In EA's case a popular franchise is enough, even if the game itself is average.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I want this game soooo badly on WP8...the original was the first game I bought on my WP7 and its still my fav mobile game of all time.

ZenBot

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
iPhone has a 20-30% market share on average. Maybe as high as 40% in North America...take away a combined 5% for WP&BB and you got something like 55-60% of people on Android. So I'm not sure on your math. The huge user base is there. If anything Apple gets things first because of the consistancy across devices and the OS. Android must be a real pain to develop for with the myriad of devices available and all the variations of the OS littered across the platform.

congthanhgiong

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I want this game soooo badly on WP8...the original was the first game I bought on my WP7 and its still my fav mobile game of all time.

why would you like to play the game in such small screen, i just hope win os will get the game soon, but i really don't care much on the phone.

questionfear

Nov 4, 2006
Visit site
iPhone has a 20-30% market share on average. Maybe as high as 40% in North America...take away a combined 5% for WP&BB and you got something like 55-60% of people on Android. So I'm not sure on your math. The huge user base is there. If anything Apple gets things first because of the consistancy across devices and the OS. Android must be a real pain to develop for with the myriad of devices available and all the variations of the OS littered across the platform.

I am on my phone and don't have the links handy, but in general iOS generates more revenue than Android. It isn't about market share, its that iOS users are more likely to pay or pay for in-app purchases.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Plus iFans(usually rich, or well-to-do buy them since iPhones or iPads are not cheap to buy but they flaunt one to show off usually) usually pay for apps compared to Android? There are plenty of Android devices so it kinds of serves to a variety of budget for people. There are cheap ones with low-end specs right up to flagship models(like htc one, S4, G2)..

Kadin Lucas

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I just downloaded this on my girlfriends samsung note 10 tablet - so far it seems just as good as the first game, if not better. It's a shame it doesn't seem to be on wp8 yet also but I think it will be more enjoyable for me on a tablet rather than my phone so all goods there.

cubanresourceful

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I just downloaded this on my girlfriends samsung note 10 tablet - so far it seems just as good as the first game, if not better. It's a shame it doesn't seem to be on wp8 yet also but I think it will be more enjoyable for me on a tablet rather than my phone so all goods there.

Yeah, I hope it does come to WP. That would be very nice. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)