Flickr gets a new lead. Request for an overhaul of the WP app

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi everybody,

The official Flickr app hasn't received an update for over a year now. And now that the service provides 1TB of free space, it has once again become the go-to website for uploading and sharing full-res photos for many people. Windows Phone devices take some of the best camera phone photos out there. Too bad that the official app is lacking in many areas. We need the community to rally behind the Flickr team to bring us an update that will bring features on par with other platforms and the website.
Take to Twitter and tweet the @Flickr team and include hashtag #UpdateFlickrForWP.
CC the CEO, Marissa Mayer, if you'd like, her Twitter handle is @marissamayer.
Feel free to bump this thread if it has fallen off the radar for some time.

Thanks!

Edit: UPDATE: Yahoo recently hired Bernardo Hernandez (Google's Managing Director of Product Management for Zagat) to lead Flickr. Which means they're looking to reinvigorate their photo sharing service. Perfect timing for the WP community to show support for an update to the existing app. His twitter handle is @BernieHernie and this is where he recently made this news public: https://twitter.com/BernieHernie/sta...94828774948864
Tweet him up, people! Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

drg

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: Help get Flickr an update #UpdateFlickrForWP

Bumpiddy bump.

The app still says "for Windows Phone 7" on the splash screen. that for a start must go.

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site

Come on folks, send that one tweet and let the team at Flickr know that an update has been long overdue. Thanks.

Last edited:

gizzzmo

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site

come on people, where's the spirit? this app really needs some tlc! #UpdateFlickrForWP

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I would use it as my exclusive photo storage service if the app was updated. I already gave them my 2 cents when they announced the new fancy apps for roid and fruit.

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: Help Flickr get an update

Alright, now that everyone is tweeting for the Hemlis app, might as well tweet @Flickr for an update too. #UpdateFlickrForWP.

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can we get 100 #UpdateFlickrForWP tweets? Help Flickr get an update

Joe Belfiore was sharing some of his L1020 photos today and somebody brought up the point that Flickr on WP needs an update. Joe replied that he met with Yahoo a while ago and pushed hard for an update but there wasn't anything to report back...Really sad IMO. Here's the tweet.

Come on, guys. Let's push hard on this. Tweet @flickr and/or @marissamayer that this app needs an update on the WP8 platform and include hashtag #UpdateFlickrForWP. Our voices need to be heard. Can we get a 100 tweets/re-tweets with this hashtag, to start with?

gizzzmo

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site

I wish this campaign really kicked off. I am fed up getting rough treatment with no updates for major companies' apps and this whole "there's no costumers on WP8" bull****.

It's been getting better since WP8 came out, but those stubborn few that will do nothing are most annoying.

Owen Groundhog

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

too bad i ditched twitter.. [>_<]

maybe i create a new account to help you guys :D
(if i dun forget :B)

spread the word! :D

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site

One tweet folks, just one tweet is all that is being requested :)

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Yahoo recently hired Bernardo Hernandez (Google's Managing Director of Product Management for Zagat) to lead Flickr. Which means they're looking to reinvigorate their photo sharing service. Perfect timing for the WP community to show support for an update to the existing app. His twitter handle is @BernieHernie and this is where he recently made this news public: https://twitter.com/BernieHernie/status/364894828774948864
Tweet him up, people! Thanks in advance!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786