Facebook and Messages Problem

Flavio Lopes

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Hello I'm new in this forum and with Windows Phone system.

I bought a Lumia 520 last week and i've been loving it. I come from a Galaxy Gio and I switched to windows phone and its the best thing i've done in quite a long time.

Currently I'm facing two problems.

1- the Messages app which is synced with facebook and msn is not receiving most of the messages that people send to me via Facebook I can send but I can not receive unless I turn on and off the wifi which makes a "refresh" and then I get the missing messages.

2- The facebook aplication is only showing post's from pages I liked, not friends status and Activities. If I try the browser everything goes normally , but not threw the app.

I seriously hope someone can help me beacuse I'm loving Windows phone and this are my only 2 complains.

Thanks , Fl?vio.

ozahran

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I have been using ICQ for my Facebook messages, fairly useful app and reliable. As far as the Facebook feed, i would suggest trying JDB for Facebook or perhaps trying out the "what's new" section of the people hub.

Flavio Lopes

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I have been using ICQ for my Facebook messages, fairly useful app and reliable. As far as the Facebook feed, i would suggest trying JDB for Facebook or perhaps trying out the "what's new" section of the people hub.

With JDB for facebook I can see my friends feed in my own account. on the official facebook app I can't, but if I switch to my mothers account I can see her friends feed. so is this a problem with my account or the fb app?
I didn't change any of my account settings and if I go on my Galaxy I can see my friends feed in my own account!

Haigs

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
The integrated chat app isnt working properly. I had the same problem, i got 1-2 msg and then nothing. I tried all possible solutions that i found on web.

Flavio Lopes

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Yes I can confirm that is from my account but how do I fix it? I allready tryed 2 differente accounts and they show friends notifications.

Tomanband

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
how do I do that?

edit: I can not find the facebook for windows phone app in my app center ( webpage)

right! once you found it, click settings and set the visibility (first option) to friends, then check on the bottom whether the app can send you notifications (another drop-down menu) finally it should list what the app can do, there should be about everything listed, but mainly whether it can access your newsfeed.

if that doesn't work I would uninstall the app, delete the windows phone facebook app on the facebook webpage and reinstall it.

if it still doesn't work I suspect that you possibly have some really strong privacy settings on your account?

Flavio Lopes

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
right! once you found it, click settings and set the visibility (first option) to friends, then check on the bottom whether the app can send you notifications (another drop-down menu) finally it should list what the app can do, there should be about everything listed, but mainly whether it can access your newsfeed.

if that doesn't work I would uninstall the app, delete the windows phone facebook app on the facebook webpage and reinstall it.

if it still doesn't work I suspect that you possibly have some really strong privacy settings on your account?

I did this and it only shows the feed about 2 or 3 people max. but if I change aplication to JBD facebook I can see everything.

what possible privacy settings could be affecting the official app?

Raminder_Singh

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys,
I was also facing the same issue on my Lumia 620. I have fixed the issue now. To fix this, check your Facebook settings from your PC and you will find application 'Microsoft'. Click on that and change the access to 'Friends'. In my case, it was set to 'Only Me'. After that, click on Microsoft (application name as it will be a hyperlink) and you will be prompted to login using your Microsoft ID. Now, connect your facebook and Microsoft ID and make sure, you have checked the correct permissions. In my case, I had both accounts connected but 'See Facebook profile and friends updates' was unchecked. Check all the checkboxes that you need and you are done!
Hope this will fix the issue for you.

Raminder_Singh

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
this didn't work I keep seeing feed from stuff I liked. not from my friends.

I hope you checked in People's hub. It is working fine for me using the above mentioned way.
In the People hub settings, check 'Hide posts from the contacts that I've filtered' and see if that makes any difference. Also, while you followed the above mentioned procedure, please make sure you are able to see 'Microsoft' in the apps and not Windows phone. Your Microsoft ID should also be linked to Facebook. In my case, it wasn't and I wasn't able to see updates from my friends but only from pages that I liked. I have also read somewhere that unliking some of those pages which you don't need updates from helps. This has fixed the issue for some however, I don't remember the webpage link.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
yeah ICQ is the most reliable and functional FB messenger out there ATM. Hope they release an official fb messenger soon, the updated one on iOS and Android is pretty killer

Flavio Lopes

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I hope you checked in People's hub. It is working fine for me using the above mentioned way.
In the People hub settings, check 'Hide posts from the contacts that I've filtered' and see if that makes any difference. Also, while you followed the above mentioned procedure, please make sure you are able to see 'Microsoft' in the apps and not Windows phone. Your Microsoft ID should also be linked to Facebook. In my case, it wasn't and I wasn't able to see updates from my friends but only from pages that I liked. I have also read somewhere that unliking some of those pages which you don't need updates from helps. This has fixed the issue for some however, I don't remember the webpage link.

can you explain it better? I'm having a hardtime with english with is the people hub?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos