Tutorial: Using wpTorrent for WP8

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
** I AM NOT PROMOTING PIRACY. NOT ALL TORRENTS ARE ILLEAGAL **

WPTorrent is the first native, as in the torrents actually save to the phone, torrent client for WP. The reason I'm writing this tutorial is because for one, it's a complex app. For a 2nd reason, I will also list some apps you can download to compliment this app.

First off, download these apps before reading this:
- Archiver (Opening ZIP/RAR/TAR/etc)
- Pocket File Manager (More advanced file management options)

Now, I'll begin by explaining settings that must be changed to use the app properly:
- Set the minimum battery needed to download to at least 30%, so you don't kill the phone.
- Allow it to download while the screen is locked.

Now that you have the complementing apps downloaded and settings properly configured, go add your torrent search engine. This isn't a requirement, as you can go into IE and go to your favorite torrent site, and download just as you would on a PC. Clicking a magnet link option should automatically open such link into the app. Now that you have a torrent downloading, wait for it to finish downloading and open the file browser built into the app. If you have a rar, unrar it by opening it in Archiver. Then, select the file you want to open from the unarchived RAR, and save it in pocket file manager. If you are not downloading a RAR, just expand the folder and view your files. This is the complex part, the reason I created this tutorial:
IF IT IS A MUSIC/VIDEO FILE
Rename the file to a .rar extension
Open it and select the pocket file manager option
Let it save, then rename it back to the extension of what the music/video file was before you changed it to a RAR file (such as MP3)
Tap and hold on the music and save it to the music/video hub
ENJOY THE MUSIC OR VIDEO

FOR ANY OTHER FILE
Tap it, open it in pocket file manager, let it save -- DONT CHANGE EXTENSIONS
Do whatever you want for the file.

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Adding torrent file through WEB interface will be much easier. As this app already has web interface it will be easy to add.

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
btw, for PocketFileManager you can just add .cfs extention to any file and open it. PFM will remove .cfs upon saving to local storage.
For example if you want to send MyMovie.mkv to PFM rename it to MyMovie.mkv.cfs and send it to PFM.

pranay kishor

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
i am using lumia 620, i need to know how is html sharing done in wptorrent.can u list the procedure of doing it in laptop and phone too. and does this sharing uses internet data i mean we need to again download any video,that has been shared .

pranay kishor

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
i am using lumia 620 , i am unable to download torrent files from torrent ,i am getting notification ur file is ready to download then iam clicking download buton notihng is happenning .can u help me out pls .

nemov888

May 2, 2013
Visit site
So pleased I downloaded this app... it's a welcome addition to WP8, and makes an Android root user like me feel more at home with the whole WP8 experience! One question though: I am away with work at the moment, with a crappy wifi connection in this hotel. I want to transfer some torrent files that I downloaded onto my Nokia Lumia, and transfer them to my laptop to watch. I'm trying to "share" from within the wptorrent pro app, via an IP address given by the app. but it is so darned slow! Is there a quicker way to transfer without using wifi as the interface? (I.e by using a USB cable!?)

nemov888

May 2, 2013
Visit site
see my post below mate.. . I think you need a wifi connection, although I am assuming the file is transferred from your phone directly to your laptop (or whichever device you are connecting to the http / ip address with). It's an okay method to transfer and should not cost you any bandwidth as it is transferring across your home network, but it is a pain, if like me you are trying to transfer this file in a public place like a hotel!

Prasad Gore

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
when can we expect update for this app as per windows phone 8.1 style, means give features like Background Downloading and Download torrents directly to the SD Card because those features were missing due windows phone 8.0 limitation (what the they said), but now i guess Microsoft have lifted the these limitation with windows phone 8.1 so......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium