Google, not Apple could kill Windows Phone.

psudotechzealot

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Think about it
Thinking.jpg

Google killing WP............

yFtfY.gif

Youtube is the #1 consumer app in the world right now and Google will never, ever bring a first-class YT app to WP8 or Windows 8. Youtube is now what MS Word was 15 years ago, a platform decider.

MetroTube and Mytube are just fine.

iHusky

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Google don`t kill Windows Phone, Windows Phone kill itself:
-Microsoft don`t listen their users
-They don`t want give acess to Xbox Music Store and Xbox Music Pass to Poland and other countries (What`s wrong Steve Ballmer? you are blind ? or you ignore countries who can give more profits from buying songs? )
-Their Music app is one big mistake, this duplicate songs every time, and why Zune don`t works with WP8? It as a one good equivalent for iTunes!!!!!!!!!!!!
-After GDR 2 My HTC 8S withstand 1,5 day for one charging, 4 days before GDR 2
-Xbox Music Pass don`t let sync all your playlist, it only sync music buying from their shop
-Microsoft if you have trouble with you music application, ask Apple for creating iTunes app on WP 8!!!

tungha

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Google don`t kill Windows Phone, Windows Phone kill itself:
-Microsoft don`t listen their users
-They don`t want give acess to Xbox Music Store and Xbox Music Pass to Poland and other countries (What`s wrong Steve Ballmer? you are blind ? or you ignore countries who can give more profits from buying songs? )
-Their Music app is one big mistake, this duplicate songs every time, and why Zune don`t works with WP8? It as a one good equivalent for iTunes!!!!!!!!!!!!
-After GDR 2 My HTC 8S withstand 1,5 day for one charging, 4 days before GDR 2
-Xbox Music Pass don`t let sync all your playlist, it only sync music buying from their shop
-Microsoft if you have trouble with you music application, ask Apple for creating iTunes app on WP 8!!!
Microsoft don`t listen their users => actually, the listen, but didn't do anything *lol*

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft don`t listen their users => actually, the listen, but didn't do anything *lol*

I think the Xbox One is a good example of how Microsoft CAN listen to the customers. But I also think the Xbox business is much more important to Microsoft and hence they have more resources and are more capable of listening and reacting.

Windows Phone still feels like some unimportant side branch they have, making no money and having no market share. I think of better apps for the iPhone than for Windows Phone, or some time ago the commercials for some app in which they forgot to include Windows Phone. It has improved a lot recently, but maybe the restructuring of Microsoft will additionally help in this area.

tungha

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I think the Xbox One is a good example of how Microsoft CAN listen to the customers. But I also think the Xbox business is much more important to Microsoft and hence they have more resources and are more capable of listening and reacting.

Windows Phone still feels like some unimportant side branch they have, but which makes no money and has no market share. I think of better apps for the iPhone than for Windows Phone, or some time ago the commercials for some app in which they forgot to include Windows Phone. It has improved a lot recently, but maybe the restructuring of Microsoft will additionally help a lot in this area.

both Xbox One and Windows 8 are the example of listen & do, only WP team do not have this thing

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
How hard is it for company like MS to bring out essential apps like Temple Run 2 , Vine and Instagram by making deals with developers ?

1 - what makes you think they didn't reach out to those companies financially already?

2 - paying devs to make apps sets a dangerous precedent as then every dev will want to get paid to make apps for the platform.

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
1 - what makes you think they didn't reach out to those companies financially already?

2 - paying devs to make apps sets a dangerous precedent as then every dev will want to get paid to make apps for the platform.
It depends. If the install base of WP is big enough for profitability and IF Microsoft builds strong ties with start-ups, then we'll see tomorrow's Googles, Facebooks, Instagrams, etc support Windows Phone alongside iOS and Android, no problem. Larger incumbents of today could not afford to not be in a 50mn person market where their younger competitors are thriving with no competition. Ties with start-ups is key.

But to build ties with start-ups Microsoft needs to provide incentive, it needs them to use ultrabooks instead of MacBooks and Surfaces instead of iPad. This IMHO is the real key to WP's success, no point in chasing after today's bigwigs, they'll go out of flavour soon once the "next big thing" hits the market. Microsoft needs to find those guys before they grow, and if they grow with WP, the bigwigs will join in on the fun.

Take for example Halo: Spartan Assault. The game was co-developed by 343 and Vanguard Games, and as of now, Vanguard Games doesn't have many titles, much less super famous ones. By empowering them with Halo and having them work with 343 on Halo for W8/WP, I think Microsoft secured their long-term support, we'll likely see Vanguard's hit title hit WP alongside iOS and Android, if not first.

EasilyTheBest

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I really don't think it's the apps that's the problem, obviously some ppl won't switch to Windows Phone because certain apps arnt there.
I'd say Microsoft just need more phones. They need Sony and LG and others to be making a range phones. Microsoft needs more phones in the stores. Some shops in the UK have 30+ different Android phones too two or three Windows Phones.
Microsoft should let do away with the license for the first say five years. They would make the money back no problem in the apps that's sold.

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
One could argue WP is stillborn at 3% marketshare. It never took off.

All you guys and your silly marketshare numbers which in reality mean nothing at this point. What you have to look at is the actual growth from quarter to quarter. Windows Phone is growing six times faster than any other mobile platform out there right now, that's what you need to look at and that shows you what strength Windows Phone actually has. Marketshare will look stagnant for quite sometime.

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I actually have no problems with my xbox music app on either wp8 or w8.1 all works nicely between each device. If the music store is not available ina certain country is not because of MS, it is because of licencing issues with music labels in that country.

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site

Lets see about Instagram which everyone is talking about , Leave Vine and Temple Run 2 aside for now ,
MS has been working with Facebook ever since WP7 and still there is no instagram.

Are facebook and MS on a dispute ?

If a company who had long relation with MS for like 2-3 years still haven't bought one of their app to WP , what makes you think that other devs are going to bring their apps to WP anytime in this year or next year ?

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Lets see about Instagram which everyone is talking about , Leave Vine and Temple Run 2 aside for now ,
MS has been working with Facebook ever since WP7 and still there is no instagram.

Are facebook and MS on a dispute ?

If a company who had long relation with MS for like 2-3 years still haven't bought one of their app to WP , what makes you think that other devs are going to bring their apps to WP anytime in this year or next year ?
Honestly, if Google thinks depriving Windows Phone of its services will damage Microsoft, then Google is seriously retarded.

Windows Phone isn't a critical business venture for Microsoft, enterprise is... Google is competing viciously against Microsoft for enterprise as well as other web users, i.e. people who will ultimately settle on Google Apps or Office 365. Now, a smart Google would go ahead and FLOOD Windows Phone and Windows 8 with Google Drive, Gmail, YouTube, Maps, Voice, etc and pull Windows users on PC and mobile off of Microsoft's key revenue generators in Office, Skype, soon-to-be Bing, etc.

By doing that Google can claim to be truly platform agnostic, and pull one of the major reasons why Windows Phone is even valuable to enterprise in the first place, i.e. integration with Office 365 and other Microsoft services. If Windows Phone users themselves are on Google, then what's the use of going Microsoft? Right?

Right now, by ignoring Windows 8/RT/Phone, Google is letting a market form up that will NOT use its services. At some point there will be 100 million Windows Phone users (Nokia sold like 16 million in the past 3 quarters), that's a 100 million people on Office, Bing, Outlook.com, Skype and Xbox Music. This causes 2 problems. First, 100 million is a big and profitable market, and in turn every start-up out there will be sure to support such a platform alongside the incumbents. Now here's the thing, there might be a future Google or future Facebook among those start-ups, and them being on Windows Phone while today's Google/FB are not, that means those up-start competitors have 100 million customers that you do NOT have. Pure stupidity.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05