FYI, the calendar app MS left out.

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
That's how True Calendar 8 bills itself, and it's, um, True! The default calendar app is next to worthless. This one is great! Even has a live tile on the Start screen showing the next calendared items. Some of the calendar apps couldn't even let you enter a new event! Support quality programming, buy it.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
That's how True Calendar 8 bills itself, and it's, um, True! The default calendar app is next to worthless. This one is great! Even has a live tile on the Start screen showing the next calendared items. Some of the calendar apps couldn't even let you enter a new event! Support quality programming, buy it.

Looks good. Personally I'm quite happy with Week View 8.

gab1972

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
I think there's too much color contrast - but that's just me. Plus, and sorry if this is your app, but there are other nicely done calendar apps that do not cost $2.50. I realize developers deserve compensation for great work, but with the lacking amount of official apps and with third party companies needing to pick up the slack - and charging money for them whereas official apps are normally free - one must be selective in which apps to pay for. For example, on any other platform, Feedly (an RSS reader) is free. However, because the official Feedly company refuses to support WP8 at this time, we are forced to look for third party apps like NextGen - which is $2. Don't get me wrong, NextGen is a fabulous app. However, by the time you find all of the other apps you want, you can rack up some serious cash. So that when you decide to find a decent calendar app - a lot of people are going to seriously consider a $2.50 price tag.

Just my two cents.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I think the stock calendar is good enough, it may lack functionality but if you know how to get around that then it's not that bad.

cw1988

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Are there any 3rd party apps that show Facebook events correctly along with Facebook friends birthdays? The ones i have tried say private for those ones.

I like the stock app, i think its really good.

thesmithiz

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
What am I missing? I can add events to the calendar thats on my phone and it also shows my next meeting/event on the live tile. Personally I pay for apps the give me something different but not so much for apps that give me something differently. But also this whole app thing is very much personal preference and what works for you.

cw1988

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
What am I missing? I can add events to the calendar thats on my phone and it also shows my next meeting/event on the live tile. Personally I pay for apps the give me something different but not so much for apps that give me something differently. But also this whole app thing is very much personal preference and what works for you.
yeah i don't get it either, i think the stock app is well rounded and the best for me anyway.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
yeah i don't get it either, i think the stock app is well rounded and the best for me anyway.

I need a week overview that allows me to plan something, not a list of future appointments and a month view with cryptic entries without context.

But as was mentioned before, that is all personal preference.

Ian Too

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Good luck with this app, though I'm afraid I already use Week View 8.

As an ex Windows Mobile user, the calendar on Windows Phone was a big disappointment. Not only does it lack a week view, but it doesn't allow custom repeat appointments, meaning that anyone who works a shift pattern that doesn't repeat every 7 days is screwed. Luckily Outlook.com does allow this, so I could set up the shift pattern there and have it synced to the device.

I really don't see why I have to buy an app to handle my shift pattern though, as millions of people across the world work anti-social hours.

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I've just discovered this app and I love it already, it's become my default. It has everything that's missing from the stock app. I can change the default first day of the week, see Week-To-View and set it as default, there's so much in there, I'm still discovering.

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I think there's too much color contrast - but that's just me.

BTW You can set the theme to light or Dark and change the accent colour to any of your choice. You can also change the Tile / Tile text colour to anything you want. The customisation in this app is enormous.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans