Moto X design for lumia

boo516

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else see the new way that you can design and personalize your own Moto X? I feel like Nokia should have one for they're lumia range. One that you can customize your own lumia with accents, colors, memory, style.

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
IMO I want my smartphone to be smarter and the message motorola is sending out with this device is good. The design selection is fine, but the message is very important.
(pocketnow concured)

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Nothing about it impresses me. It seems like nothing more than a decent Android phone that gives you an interesting choice of backs. None of the features give me any more reason to love it beyond it's competition.

Do I think Nokia should do the same thing? No. All it does is raise costs. If anything, licence out custom backs to a company to make for phones with removable backs. They will be considered official and keep a lot of the costs on someone else.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
So it got changeable back plates? Never heard of that thing before, especially from Nokia. :D

Imo the color choice that Nokia is offering now is already great and a big factor on Lumias. Sure the devil is in the details, but the real success of Lumias lies on WP as a OS being developed more aggressively and more and more of a customer oriented mass market phones. Nokia has that corned with Lumia 5xx, 6xx and 7xx very well at the moment (improvements there mainly being OS related), but there's still a lot to improve on high end. I got a good feeling about high end as well as we get close to years end.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
So it got changeable back plates? Never heard of that thing before, especially from Nokia. :D

Imo the color choice that Nokia is offering now is already great and a big factor on Lumias. Sure the devil is in the details, but the real success of Lumias lies on WP as a OS being developed more aggressively and more and more of a customer oriented mass market phones. Nokia has that corned with Lumia 5xx, 6xx and 7xx very well at the moment (improvements there mainly being OS related), but there's still a lot to improve on high end. I got a good feeling about high end as well as we get close to years end.

Moto X isn't interchangeable. You get more options but you are stuck once you made the choice.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I have not held one yet, but the shape sounds interesting to me - thinner towards the bottom. I imagine that could be nice, in which case I wouldn't mind Nokia replicating that for a WP device.

boo516

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I feel like if Nokia were to give this option it would make the phones feel personal to the user, which is what windows phone is all about right? I also can't feel that Motorola's profits are much higher than Nokia's right? Even if the personalization just came down to choosing the color of the back of the 920. I'd jump all over it even if it means to spend a little more.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I have not held one yet, but the shape sounds interesting to me - thinner towards the bottom. I imagine that could be nice, in which case I wouldn't mind Nokia replicating that for a WP device.

Would have to try it out myself. Seems like the type of thing a person would have to use for a couple weeks before a solid opinion could be made. Always willing to try something different!

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I feel like if Nokia were to give this option it would make the phones feel personal to the user, which is what windows phone is all about right? I also can't feel that Motorola's profits are much higher than Nokia's right? Even if the personalization just came down to choosing the color of the back of the 920. I'd jump all over it even if it means to spend a little more.

Motorola's phone division is owned by Google now. AKA they have plenty of profits and a lot more than Nokia. Motorola products besides phones (for the most part) are still a separate company.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo