WP only excellent for people in US or UK, not for Indians.

avigyan

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I really really love Nokia and appreciate their immense effort to make WP a grand success but MS simply sucks. Especially in countries outside US. You cannot use Xbox Music services in India, no Pandora or Spotify outside US, billing and payment options close to zero for people outside US or UK or the like, et cetera. I am from India and I would have been a die-hard fan of Microsoft and WP only if the aforementioned issues had been addresses by now. I am currently thinking of moving to Android. Prove me wrong in whatever I have said and enlighten me with any useful piece of information that might turn me around. :)

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
You will run into the same problems with Pandora and Spotify even if you switch to Android.That is not MS fault

WinMaverick

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Well Nokia Music Store and/or Dhingana caters to my music demand. And for the payment option there is always the option of Credit Cards. Don't know what's there to complain 
Well I would certainly love to have debit cards as additional option... but that's a different issue since afaik Play Store doesn't allow it too.

Edit: WP Store do support Indian Debit Cards. Checked with Axis Bank.

Last edited:

Darren Walsh

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Can you not just get a debit card off your bank for the billing part, that's what I use with no problems, it's not rocket science!!

Darren Walsh

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Well Nokia Music Store and/or Dhingana caters to my music demand. And for the payment option there is always the option of Credit Cards. Don't know what's there to complain 😶
Well I would certainly love to have debit cards as additional option... but that's a different issue since afaik Play Store doesn't allow it too.

my debit card works for everything a credit card does, it is a visa but can only spend money that I have!!

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
dude relax , even if you shift to android they wont work. You have plenty of services you can use

for music : use Nokia Music for downloading songs and for streaming you have all the major apps like gaana, raaga, dhingana etc. except saavn. If it is a specific option in xbox music you like you wont get it.

We don't need to prove anything. You just need to understand which platform you like and go with it. If you think choosing android will solve all the issues you mentioned please do.

I use citibank credit card. AFAIK sbi, axis, hdfc cards work fine. if you don't use credit cards, some debit cards work too. I can vouch for SBI debit card working

Last edited:

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I really really love Nokia and appreciate their immense effort to make WP a grand success but MS simply sucks. Especially in countries outside US. You cannot use Xbox Music services in India, no Pandora or Spotify outside US, billing and payment options close to zero for people outside US or UK or the like, et cetera. I am from India and I would have been a die-hard fan of Microsoft and WP only if the aforementioned issues had been addresses by now. I am currently thinking of moving to Android. Prove me wrong in whatever I have said and enlighten me with any useful piece of information that might turn me around. :)

Buddy go for Nokia Music, works best in India

avigyan

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
dude relax , even if you shift to android they wont work. You have plenty of services you can use

for music : use Nokia Music for downloading songs and for streaming you have all the major apps like gaana, raaga, dhingana etc. except saavn. If it is a specific option in xbox music you like you wont get it.

We don't need to prove anything. You just need to understand which platform you like and go with it. If you think choosing android will solve all your issues you mentioned please do.

Will apps like dhingana and raaga help me sync seamlessly across my WP and Windows 8 laptop? No. Will it give me access to better metadata and artist background downloading? No.

I don't have any personal liking for Android and I find Windows Phone very very cool and classy. But at least I can get a neat and clean music library out there I believe. Whatever albums and songs I download via Nokia Music miss artist background and smart dj compatibility. What do you call this? Inclination towards Android or mere drawback of a rather great platform called WP?

avigyan

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site

We don't need to prove anything. You just need to understand which platform you like and go with it. If you think choosing android will solve all the critical and serious issues you mentioned please do.

I use citibank credit card. AFAIK sbi, axis, hdfc cards work fine. if you don't use credit cards, some debit cards work too. I can vouch for SBI debit card working

I have been trying to use my SBI debit card to purchase apps and games. I have added it to my wallet and set it up for usage but every time I proceed to buy something, it finally ends up saying "credit card expired. Try adding a different card", although the card HAS NOT expired and has plenty of time before it does. What is this problem all about?

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Will apps like dhingana and raaga help me sync seamlessly across my WP and Windows 8 laptop? No. Will it give me access to better metadata and artist background downloading? No.

I don't have any personal liking for Android and I find Windows Phone very very cool and classy. But at least I can get a neat and clean music library out there I believe. Whatever albums and songs I download via Nokia Music miss artist background and smart dj compatibility. What do you call this? Inclination towards Android or mere drawback of a rather great platform called WP?

They are streaming services as I mentioned. I use MPATool for missing album and artist art, works really well.
Get the sync apps | Windows Phone (भारत) if it is of any help.

Yes, choose whatever is best for you. I write again If you think choosing android will solve all the issues you mentioned please do not hesitate to switch. There are a ton more reasons to choose WP for me at least.

avigyan

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
They are streaming services as I mentioned. I use MPATool for missing album and artist art, works really well.
Get the sync apps | Windows Phone (भारत) if it is of any help.

Yes, choose whatever is best for you. I write again If you think choosing android will solve all the issues you mentioned please do not hesitate to switch. There are a ton more reasons to choose WP for me at least.

The thing is that I really do not want to leave WP until and unless they stop supporting it completely (like I did when I shifted from WP7 to WP8, although Zune Music was way better than Xbox Music). I just want to know if there is a way to solve these issues. But if the final answer is "no" I will sadly have to think of moving, which is the last and drastic step for me. But lately these payment and music issues have been growing more and more troublesome.

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have been trying to use my SBI debit card to purchase apps and games. I have added it to my wallet and set it up for usage but every time I proceed to buy something, it finally ends up saying "credit card expired. Try adding a different card", although the card HAS NOT expired and has plenty of time before it does. What is this problem all about?

I think it depends on which debit card you use. One of my friends on FB uses it. I will post it here if I find the post in our Windows Phone India FB group.

avigyan

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I think it depends on which debit card you use. One of my friends on FB uses it. I will post it here if I find the post in our Windows Phone India FB group.

I use a VISA debit card from SBI. It is supposedly supported but still fails every time.

WinMaverick

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the info. Added Axis Bank Debit Card (Visa International) from Wallet for app purchase. Worked flawlessly and without any hassle. Bought the WPCentral app... couldn't find any better way to make my first purchase :wink: More reasons to love my Windows Phone.

avigyan

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I have found a great way for buying apps. I used my SBI debit card with Entropay to create a virtual credit card. I filled it up with some money from the debit card and then used it to buy apps. Works perfect. Best alternative for credit cards.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss