Look at USA Today's reply to my email

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
USA Today is a pretty well-designed, fluid app. My only gripe has been lack of actual content in many (mostly sports) news articles. I'd sent feedback quite some time ago. Hadn't received any response, so I decided to email them again. This is what I emailed:

Subject was auto-generated by the app and it read: "Windows Phone 8 Support"

When are you going to update this app? Many sports article open up without any content, contain just an image and the headline. Extremely frustrating.

Regards,
<my name here>

App: 1.9.1.0
Device: NOKIA RM-820_nam_att_100

Sent from my Windows Phone

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The above signature, in bold, was also auto-generated by the app.

And this is the reply I received:

Dear <my name here>,

Thank you for taking the time to write to USA TODAY.

Please try the following steps to hopefully resolve this issue:

Try closing and re-opening the app:

Here's how to close the app you're using:
With touch or a mouse, drag the app from the top of the screen to the bottom.
Here's how to close an app you were using recently:
With touch, swipe in from the left edge without lifting your finger, and then push the app back toward the left edge. You'll see the apps you've used recently, plus Start. Drag the app you want to close from the list to the bottom of the screen.
With a mouse, move your pointer into the upper-left corner and then move it down the left edge. You'll see the apps you've used recently, plus Start. Right-click the app you want to close, and then click Close.
Re-open the app
If the issue still persists please delete the app from your device and reinstall it from the Windows Store.

We appreciate your patience and continued support as we attempt to resolve the issue you’re experiencing.

Sincerely,

<Tech support person's name here>
USA TODAY
National Customer Service
800-872-0001
Email: usatodaymobile@usatoday.com
Twitter: @usatodaymobile

I was just stunned at the response! Did the person even bother reading the subject or look at the signature at the end of my email, which made it clear that I was referring to the WP8 app and not the W8 app!? Very low standards I would say. Anyways, I did send a reply and somebody else followed up stating that "I have escalated this to the appropriate department for review. We appreciate your patience and continued support as we attempt to resolve the issue you're experiencing".

neterall1

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Not that this helps much, but I've seen this happen a lot too. Even on the Windows Phone 7.8 version. Whenever I find an article that has no content in the phone app, I will usually go to the web site to find and read it. I have noticed, that almost always, the articles that show up with no content on the phone are the articles on USA Today's "For The Win" web site. That is USA Today's social sports web site. So it seems the app's need fixed to work with that content.

tgr42

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
This sort of mistake happens often. See the thread on this forum about AT&T's survey to 1080 purchasers asking about their satisfaction with the OS... all of the questions were about Windows 8. lol!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05