Bing News on WP8 - Removing News Sources

radagar123

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

How do I remove a news source from the new Bing News app on Windows Phone 8?

I have selected the sources I would like (in the "Sources" section of the App), but headlines, stories etc. are still appearing from 'other' sources that have not been selected.

Thanks for your help!

radagar123

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

As I mentioned above, this does not work. For example, I remove Reuters from my news sources (just an example), but when I open the app am still receiving headlines and article from Rueters.

shinsenai

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. I have removed all sources that I don't want and added new ones, but I keep receiving news from the original default sources. It seems that the source changes are not taken into account. I've seen this reported in other places as well, but no solution so far. The problem occurs only on Windows Phone 8, though, no problem on Windows 8/8.1

Deutscher2

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. I have removed all sources that I don't want and added new ones, but I keep receiving news from the original default sources. It seems that the source changes are not taken into account.
That's it! The Sources are just random News-Sites of your Country, most of them just link to a Website.

shinsenai

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
In what sense they are random sources linked to web sites? The news I get now are clearly coming from the sources that were configured when I installed Bing News and they are shown in the app not in the browser. Only sources with which Bing has no agreement open in the browser. The issue is that changing sources has no effect. The Windows 8 version works in a similar way and you can change the sources. I would expect the Windows Phone 8 to have the same behavior, otherwise there would be no reason to allow to select the sources. I think this is just a bug.

shinsenai

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi, for what is worth, this problem seems to have been fixed in the recent version of Bing News as of Feb 19th, 2014. Now the app correctly allows to select the content by country and the sources are used as expected. It also synchs with the Windows 8 version.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster