FINALLY! At Bat 13 App

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
That's cool, because people will be able to get the playoff coverage this season. I'm glad they didn't wait until next season.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Nice, this was part of the reason that I switched to Android. Really glad to see it back on WP. Maybe next year they can actually release it before the season starts for once.

ejb222

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I like that it is fast! Wish the live tile was better. Imagine if it had your favorite team score...or if it scrolled the daily scores...or standings on the large tile...
Looks like you can pin your team...don't know if it updates scores that way...gonna give it a try.

EDIT: NOPE...live tiles are a bit lame. At Bat tile just shows matchups. Team tile is just team logo.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Nice, this was part of the reason that I switched to Android. Really glad to see it back on WP. Maybe next year they can actually release it before the season starts for once.

Gonna have to watch the Tigs put another bite into the Tribe tonight ;) [But I won't be able to because of the asinine blackout rules...so I am stuck watching STO]

That's cool, because people will be able to get the playoff coverage this season. I'm glad they didn't wait until next season.

Ummmm, not sure you can stream playoff games? I didn't think you could last year...because they are on FOX and TBS and MLB Network, it is a different thing than the typical premium setup.

EDIT: NOPE...live tiles are a bit lame. At Bat tile just shows matchups. Team tile is just team logo.

I'd LOVE for the Baseball app that I have to show me the daily game on the tile (mostly just for the time!) The only reason I keep the ESPN app installed on my phone is because the push notifications I get for game starts...

If only there was 1 app to accomplish all my demands, haha.

Doohickie

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
First thing I noticed: Why can't it look at your location and say, hmmm... this guy is on Central Time and tell me the Rangers game in Houston tomorrow starts at 7:10 pm? No, it says 8:10 ET. Who gives a flying flip about ET? People in the Eastern Time Zone, that's who. But the phone KNOWS I'm on Central Time so why can't it just say 7:10 pm? Baseball Pro 13 figured that out; no reason why At Bat couldn't.

TeknoBlast

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
First thing I noticed: Why can't it look at your location and say, hmmm... this guy is on Central Time and tell me the Rangers game in Houston tomorrow starts at 7:10 pm? No, it says 8:10 ET. Who gives a flying flip about ET? People in the Eastern Time Zone, that's who. But the phone KNOWS I'm on Central Time so why can't it just say 7:10 pm? Baseball Pro 13 figured that out; no reason why At Bat couldn't.

It's because your a Rangers fan and it's screwing with you because of that. :)

Jeremy Milstein

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Just downloaded the at bat 13 app. Signed in and am unable to access video and audio of live games. When, I choose the video icon, it says that it is unable to play the file and for audio, it just buffers endlessly. I can use all of the other features of the app including seeing videos in the videos section, etc. Is there a settings here? Any help is appreciated.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Just downloaded the at bat 13 app. Signed in and am unable to access video and audio of live games. When, I choose the video icon, it says that it is unable to play the file and for audio, it just buffers endlessly. I can use all of the other features of the app including seeing videos in the videos section, etc. Is there a settings here? Any help is appreciated.

State your phone and carrier so people can help better.

Jeremy Milstein

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, I have a Nokia 920 w/ ATT.

I logged myself off from my pc connection and tried reinstalling the app with no issue. Strange that I can't play live audio/video but can play the video clips and access the rest of the app.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I have a Nokia 920 w/ ATT.

I logged myself off from my pc connection and tried reinstalling the app with no issue. Strange that I can't play live audio/video but can play the video clips and access the rest of the app.

I have the same. Mine works extremely easy and quickly. i wonder if there is some type of issue with your wifi.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I have an AT&T Lumia 520, and I can watch live games. The first time I tried it it just buffered endlessly, but later when I tried it again it worked. I believe I rebooted in the meantime so maybe that fixed it. I tried it again just now and live video is working great!

One interesting thing is that for the first time i can do something on my Windows Phone that I can't on my Android! My Nexus 4 ROM just updated to 4.3, and the Android MLB app doesn't stream live video anymore. MLB needs to update the app, but they haven't yet.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I have an AT&T Lumia 520, and I can watch live games. The first time I tried it it just buffered endlessly, but later when I tried it again it worked. I believe I rebooted in the meantime so maybe that fixed it.

One interesting thing is that for the first time i can do something on my Windows Phone that I can't on my Android! My Nexus 4 ROM just updated to 4.3, and the Android MLB app doesn't stream live video anymore. MLB needs to update the app, but they haven't yet.

The At Bat app on Android has soooo many exclusions when it comes to what devices can stream live games....pretty darn ridiculous!

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
The At Bat app on Android has soooo many exclusions when it comes to what devices can stream live games....pretty darn ridiculous!

Yes that's true. We need to give MLB a break though; there are hundreds or maybe thousands of Android device/ROM combinations!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss