Bing apps!

Paul Nicholas

May 16, 2013
Visit site
This morning I downloaded the new Bing apps for WP, namely News, Sports and Weather. (I didn't get finance)

Since then I've uninstalled about 10 apps as the new Bing apps are superb!

Link

If you haven't already done it I fully recommend you get on and download them.

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
They are good, I love that they managed to include my country's digital newspapers (in India I didn't expect this on Windows 8 and now it is on wp8 too).

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Bing Weather is great, I will definitely uninstall Amazing Weather HD, if Bing Weather get Wide Tile and Lockscreen support.

mgkeath

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
This morning I downloaded the new Bing apps for WP, namely News, Sports and Weather. (I didn't get finance)

Since then I've uninstalled about 10 apps as the new Bing apps are superb!

Link

If you haven't already done it I fully recommend you get on and download them.

I find myself liking the Bing apps too. Weather could use a double wide tile and a little more control over the settings, but a good option for some people; it won't be replacing Amazing Weather for me anytime soon I suspect. News and Sports are pretty well done and I'll keep those installed. Room for improvements, of course,but I like both enough to keep.

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone else seeing a drop in battery life? Several times today I have picked up my phone to find that it is warm and battery is dropping quickly.

I have news, finance, and weather installed. News and finance I have pinned with small tiles (not live). Weather I have pinned with a medium tile (live).

I haven't run into an issue like this in a long time and I just installed these apps yesterday, so I figure that they are the cause.

I just turned off location services in the weather app to see if that fixes it.

mgkeath

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone else seeing a drop in battery life? Several times today I have picked up my phone to find that it is warm and battery is dropping quickly.

I have news, finance, and weather installed. News and finance I have pinned with small tiles (not live). Weather I have pinned with a medium tile (live).

I haven't run into an issue like this in a long time and I just installed these apps yesterday, so I figure that they are the cause.

Nope, battery life is fine for me on: Lumia 822. I don't have the Weather app installed though, so maybe that's the culprit.

Jupast

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Really like the Bing Weather App, but as others have said, needs a Double-Wide Tile.

Wouldn't mind the option of being able to have Metro style icons for the Tiles too as in 'Weather View' which is the App i use currently.

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I turned off location services on the weather app and it seems that my battery issue is fixed. Another contributing factor may be the fact that I was working in my basement office the day that I had the battery issue, so its possible that the excessive drain was caused by a weak GPS signal.

Anyway, still loving the apps. Can't decide which is my favorite, News, Finance, or Weather.

rc521

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
These new Bing Apps do not show up for me on my T-mobile Lumia 521, even when I search for them through the phone's store app. Is their availability dependent on the carrier, phone model, or both?

Oranges123

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I've been using the Bing News app since it came out and like it. However has anyone else noticed their Other storage increasing? I'm trying to narrow this down to whether the Bing News app is causing the Other storage to increase.

I've noticed past few days I have been losing a couple of megabytes every once in a while and whether this is happening every time the news gets refreshed or from simply just using the app to read news. This is the newest installed app I have and before that my Other storage was steady.

Last edited:

mgkeath

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I've been using the Bing News app since it came out and like it. However has anyone else noticed their Other storage increasing? I'm trying to narrow this down to whether the Bing News app is causing the Other storage to increase.

I've noticed past few days I have been losing a couple of megabytes every once in a while and whether this is happening every time the news gets refreshed or from simply just using the app to read news. This is the newest installed app I have and before that my Other storage was steady.

I haven't paid much attention to "other" since installing, but it seems roughly about where it was beforehand. I'm pretty sure that it probably caches some files though, so I wouldn't be surprised to see other increase, at least a bit, while it's installed. I doubt it will be much affect, but who knows when it pertains to other. Gdr2 is suppose to fix how other is managed; how affective it is, I don't know at his point.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium