one Step - Dial by Tapping Tile(Having a Photo on it).

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I am looking for an app on the windows phone market which enables a "One Step Photo Tile Dial".
For example there are many aged people with no English Literacy and have difficulty in operating a smart phone. But, it is really important for them to call their family members like Son,
Daughter, Grocery Store, Neighbour, Relatives, etc.

What I require is to be able to add a contact from the People List as a Tile (This functionality is already available), and then define a default action for the Tile, to directly dial the Person displayed on the Tile. I have searched the windows app store, and have found no App that can do this.

HTC has this functionality with the People Widget, where one can add multiple contacts on to the widget, with their photo. A default action such as, Call, SMS, View Contact are available which the User can assign to this photo. If the default action "Call" is selected, then the all the user has to do next time is to simply touch the photo of their daughter, son, brother, etc. to get the benefit of one touch dialing from the widget.

I don't see a similar concept being developed for a Windows Tile. Someone must develop this.

In short, all I want is the ability to add as many tiles as needed with a photo on each of them, and to assign a "Dial on Touch of the Tile" default action for the Tile.
So, next time I see Tiles on my Windows Phone all I have to do is look the the Photo of the person on the Tile, and Simply touch it to call him directly, without any prompts asking whether to dial or not. Just Direct Dialing without prompts.

Regards,

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
That type of app might have some use. However, I really do not see it being something that a lot of people would use. There are many languages available, not just English, so a person could use his/her language of choice if that person is not fluent in English.

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I am looking for an app on the windows phone market which enables a "One Step Photo Tile Dial".
For example there are many aged people with no English Literacy and have difficulty in operating a smart phone. But, it is really important for them to call their family members like Son,
Daughter, Grocery Store, Neighbour, Relatives, etc.

What I require is to be able to add a contact from the People List as a Tile (This functionality is already available), and then define a default action for the Tile, to directly dial the Person displayed on the Tile. I have searched the windows app store, and have found no App that can do this.

HTC has this functionality with the People Widget, where one can add multiple contacts on to the widget, with their photo. A default action such as, Call, SMS, View Contact are available which the User can assign to this photo. If the default action "Call" is selected, then the all the user has to do next time is to simply touch the photo of their daughter, son, brother, etc. to get the benefit of one touch dialing from the widget.

I don't see a similar concept being developed for a Windows Tile. Someone must develop this.

In short, all I want is the ability to add as many tiles as needed with a photo on each of them, and to assign a "Dial on Touch of the Tile" default action for the Tile.
So, next time I see Tiles on my Windows Phone all I have to do is look the the Photo of the person on the Tile, and Simply touch it to call him directly, without any prompts asking whether to dial or not. Just Direct Dialing without prompts.

Regards,

Monitor (Monitor | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)) can create a tile from a contact, but only for dialing.

Jason Drum

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I just read yesterday that this was not possible do to OS restrictions. That you had to confirm the call. For the life of me I can't find that post. But I'm not a developer, so I don't know if that's true. I would personally think that would be a horrible option as you could accidentally call people all the time just while scrolling.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro