Lumia UC Browser - Downloaded Files Concern

Adnan Javed

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

Lumia 520 owner here.

I started using UC Browser recently since the onboard internet explorer didn't allow saving any files ... now the concern is that the images i save show up in the images hub, and any music or video files show up in the music/video hub.

but i tried downloading some other files, like some .rar's etc, will those files save on my phone for me to retrieve later when connected to my PC ? because the file *downloaded* just fine, but due to a lack of any kind of file browser or manager in the lumia I can't see where it was saved on my phone memory.

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't think the downloaded files will be accessible when connected to pc. The files I think get stored in the local storage of the app, this is similar to the Microsoft Youtube app which had the ability to download videos but you couldn't transfer them. This is a limitation in the Windows Phone system itself.

Some apps like wpTorrent have overcome this by using HTTP file sharing over local network.

Adnan Javed

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I can see an option here that says "export to music hub".

if it does what I think it does (as in just appends .mp3 to the file to save it in the music hub), hopefully this allows the file to appear in the music folder when i connect my phone to my PC. I will definitely try this and report back the results when I'm back at my home PC. If this works, this would be exactly what I need.

Adnan Javed

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
just a small update, apparently it does work. UC Browser simply appends .mp3 at the end of each file once downloaded so it goes into your music hub, from there once you plug in your device you can simply copy the .mp3 file from your phone and rename it accordingly.

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
just a small update, apparently it does work. UC Browser simply appends .mp3 at the end of each file once downloaded so it goes into your music hub, from there once you plug in your device you can simply copy the .mp3 file from your phone and rename it accordingly.
thanks for the info, didn't know that. Gonna try it now.

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Saving anything in music hub is known trick and this is the only way to store anything in phones memory from applications. Not a big deal to rename it later :)

Adnan Javed

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
yep, the same thing done by WPTorrent app lol (purchased it to get full download speeds too :p).

the only limitation is that i have like 4.5 gigs of free internal storage on the phone, so no downloading extremely large files. This is an issue with the lower end lumia's only though.

Rock Roll

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
hi...i just got to know hor uc brow to tranfer any file from your uc browser to pc....go to downloads in your uc browser....at the down, you will see four settings....in that...you will se share ....click on it...it will give you the link and password so that you can access any file which is downloaded in your ub browser to ur pc...

dita tifani

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I'm the new user of nokia l 520 and UC browser. At first I downloaded 3 songs in UC browser and succeeded to export it in music folder, but then I downloaded another song and it failed. It said "Failed to export to music folder" Then I checked my storage data, and I still have 687 mb free of space. Have you guys ever experience this thing? please help me solve this problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb